HOST MACH - Question

mebecindi

You always have the right answers and you seem to know alot....So you work for carnival or do you just cruise alot of know all the details...

I always enjoy reading your comments and threads...

I am planning our first cruise for next year. So excited.......

Why wouln't you email him directly with this question?

:confused::rolleyes:

Good Day, Host Mach,

OP on Carnival boards suggested I contact you for some answers. So here goes:

Sailing the "Victory" on 2/14/10 and just this past week received an OBC for over $800(on 2 cabins) using early saver "Price Protection". I guess this OBC is categorized as non-refundable. My question is how can this OBC be used? Some have said that you cannot use it for the gratuities($280 for 4 of us). Is this true? Also, can it be used for soda card purchases, bar bills, photo purchases, excursions? Also, have been advised by others on the board, that if there is a balance on the OBC account at the end off the cruise, oh well, you lose it. Others have said you will receive a check under your door the morning of debarkation. I'd really appreciate any answers you can give me. Thanks

Good Day, Host Mach,

Sailing the "Victory" on 2/14/10 and just this past week received an OBC for over $800(on 2 cabins) using early saver "Price Protection". I guess this OBC is categorized as non-refundable. My question is how can this OBC be used? Some have said that you cannot use it for the gratuities($280 for 4 of us). Is this true? Also, can it be used for soda card purchases, bar bills, photo purchases, excursions? Also, have been advised by others on the board, that if there is a balance on the OBC account at the end off the cruise, oh well, you lose it. Others have said you will receive a check under your door the morning of debarkation. I'd really appreciate any answers you can give me. Thanks

It can be used for pretty much anything but, as you said, is non refundable.

So, you put an additional $100 on your account, spend $805 and get $95 back! Bottom line is that you have to use it on the ship. Any remaining won't be refunded to you.

Bottom line, you are FORCED to have at least $800 worth of fun! Lucky you!!!

:D

It can be used for pretty much anything but, as you said, is non refundable.

So, you put an additional $100 on your account, spend $805 and get $95 back! Bottom line is that you have to use it on the ship. Any remaining won't be refunded to you.

Bottom line, you are FORCED to have at least $800 worth of fun! Lucky you!!!

:D

Thanks for answering so quickly. Do you know if the non-refundable OBC can be used to pay the gratuities? Being able to do so, would be a big help in the $$ department. Also, I don't quite understand what you mean by putting an extra $100 onto my account and spending the $805 then getting back $95. Please explain the reason for putting the extra $100, and would I get a $95 refund check? Thanks

Thanks for answering so quickly. Do you know if the non-refundable OBC can be used to pay the gratuities? Being able to do so, would be a big help in the $$ department. Also, I don't quite understand what you mean by putting an extra $100 onto my account and spending the $805 then getting back $95. Please explain the reason for putting the extra $100, and would I get a $95 refund check? Thanks

All I'm saying about the $100 is that IF you elect to do something like that the OBC comes off the top, essentially gets spent first...

If you can manage to spend exactly $800 you're better than I am!

I don't believe there's any restrictions regarding what the OBC is used for as long as it's used...

:)

All I'm saying about the $100 is that IF you elect to do something like that the OBC comes off the top, essentially gets spent first...

If you can manage to spend exactly $800 you're better than I am!

I don't believe there's any restrictions regarding what the OBC is used for as long as it's used...

Gotcha! Thanks so much for the info.

After having read your reviews, and asked numerous questions, I finally made it to the Steakhouse on the Dream when I was on the Inagural out of Port Canaveral in December. It was wonderful. Thank you for letting me know that I would not look stupid there alone. I actually ended up with one of my dinner table mates but was going regardless

Jen

Good Day, Host Mach,

We have gotten obc a few times for the price protection on early saver. Carnival says it's non-refundable and can't be used for tips. But each time they have applied it to tips and any unused part has been given back to us in the form of a check. It's never been alot of money because the tips normally take up most of it. If you have alot obc you can use it for excursions, shops on board, drink ect. Enjoy, I know you will.

After having read your reviews, and asked numerous questions, I finally made it to the Steakhouse on the Dream when I was on the Inagural out of Port Canaveral in December. It was wonderful. Thank you for letting me know that I would not look stupid there alone. I actually ended up with one of my dinner table mates but was going regardless

Jen

Hi, Jen!

I'm thrilled that you had a great time on your Carnival Dream.

I'm sure that I mentioned that I have dined at the steak houses several times solo and never felt out of place. Still, I'm glad that someone else joined you. The conversation is so much better that way!!!

Hi, Jen!

I'm thrilled that you had a great time on your Carnival Dream.

I'm sure that I mentioned that I have dined at the steak houses several times solo and never felt out of place. Still, I'm glad that someone else joined you. The conversation is so much better that way!!!

I know that you had mentioned it as i remember asking about it once in 2008 before my Glory cruise #2. The Dream is a wonderful ship and I am looking forward to going on her again this year in december.

The food in the Steakhouse is amazing. It is definately worth the cost

Archived