WHO was your FAVORITE waiter in MDR?

Cardancer4

Ernesto from our Splendor sailing. This was our Swine Flu cruise and with Mexico being "closed" 2 days into the trip, he was definitely a highlight each evening. Lots of fun! Definitely more fun than sailing to the Mexican Riviera port of San Francisco. :)

I also agree with PP. If they provided exceptional service, you will probably remember their names. Of my sailings, I can only remember the names of a few.

And granted, it was just her first cruise, but my 4 year old niece will still mention "Rudy" out of the blue. She absolutely LOVED him. He was great with her and she would get all smiley whenever she got attention from him.

:D Please give us the name(s) of your fav waiters in the MDR. Please name the ships and tell us how they enhanced your dining experience!

There is a guy named Luna on the Ecstacy, he was awsome he know me and my familys name the first day and made sure whenever he saw us to make sure we had had a good meal that day even if not in the MDR he was awsome ill never for get hinm that was real customer service.

Zolton from Hungary on the Destiny in 1999. He always had a smile on his face and was real friendly. If he saw us in the buffet, he would come up and talk to us. I ask him one night to call me by my first name instead of "Sir" which I hate. He said that he meets at least forty people a week and for him, "Sir" and "Ma'm" is a lot easier. From that night on, he called me "Mr Sir". Part way through the cruise, he tripped going up some stairs and was laid up for a day. He said they didn't get paid if they didn't work so he came back the next day and limped through his shift. Couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. He got tipped well at the end of our cruise. ;)

Edited by RWolver672
spelling

"Tom" from our Valor cruise. His assistant Becky was great too. Tom had an awesome personality, impeccable sense of timing and certainly knew how to play off his guests. I work in a nice restaurant and have done so all my life so I know what this takes. He was a great waiter and well not to offend anyone, but look at the guy.....

126-1.jpg

Rizal & Frampy on the Conquest (1/10) They were an awesome team. Rizal was also the main dancer when they did their entertainment. Got a real kick out of an older lady going up to him during the dance & sticking money in his vest (guess you had to be there). Frampy would always stop by to visit if he saw us eating breakfast or lunch in the Lido area.

We told Rizal we wouldnt be at dinner the night of the BCS game since we had late seating. He told us he had an open table in early seating & we could come to early dining that night so we could have dinner & watch the game. I thought this was really nice of him to do.

We will be back on the Conquest in October & I will difinitely check to see if they are still there & if we can be seated in their section.

Our Favorite all time waiter on any cruise was this past Nov. 1st cruise onboard the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore , MD.

Santos Barrios was our favorite anytime dining waiter and we always requested his table even if it meant waiting. While we did have several others who were good, Santos was GREAT. Very Personable, great personality , Funny and would accomadate any request we had. He even made a few great suggestions. Nothing was out of his way and you never hear the word NO from him. He always greeted us with a smile and would wave from a distance is he saw us waiting. We met him on the last day and gave him an additional tip to say Thanks .

Carnival Glory Oct. 31 -Sherman was our head waiter. :D:DFriendly but unabtrusive and very efficient, always smiling and eager to please. AND was so expressive when they danced and sang we nearly fell out of our chairs laughing. Wonderful!.. Also, Koko, our assistant waiter. Very sweet but quiet but could see his personality bloom by the end of the week. Made our cruise the best so far.

Rosanna, (or Rosanne) from Peru on the Conquest in March of 2008. Last I heard she was on the Victory now.

March2556.jpg

My DD was in her 2nd year of Spanish Immersion program, and Rosanne was impressed by DD's language skills. Think they spoke every night, and once in the buffet area, Rosanne "grabbed" her and led her around to several people.

Another who sticks in my mind is Daewa, on the Fantasy in May of 2007. He was not the head waiter, he was either the asst. or bar waiter, but he was fun.

We had Rosanna on the Elation. She was fantastic.

We also had a waiter by the name of Yuda on the Valor that was very good. For some reason his section was very light on that cruise and he spent a lot of time speaking with us.

Edited by Thestapels

• 4 months later...

Just got back (6/5/10) from 6-day on the Freedom. Imade was always waiting for us with a smile, knew everyone's name, and kept our 21/19 y/o sons entertained by his quick wit. Him and his assistant Nancy were the BEST!!!!!:)

Oksana the bar waittress on the Imagination. Never have I had such good bar service in the MDR. She must have checked on me 5 times every meal, and she made fantastic recommendations for mixed drinks to go with various meals.

Luna on the Liberty. We LOVED him - he was so awesome I would love to find out if he is still on there and would request him again. He always had what we liked, knew our names and was just an awesome waiter.

Ros & Rocky on the Miracle in March of 2008. It was our first cruise together and they were fantastic. They always appeared to know what we wanted even before we asked for it. It was great!

Edited by cjkumbaya

The best waiter for us has to be Icky on the Victory in Sept. 2009. He service was awesome and he had a great personality. He said he would be off the Victory that Nov. and wasn't sure where he was going. I wonder where he is now. He was the best.

CarnivalVictorySept09555.jpg?t=1275871748

Edited by froggy4

The best waiter for us has to be Icky on the Victory in Sept. 2009. He service was awesome and he had a great personality. He said he would be off the Victory that Nov. and wasn't sure where he was going. I wonder where he is now. He was the best.

CarnivalVictorySept09555.jpg?t=1275871748

We saw Icky in April '10 on the Carnival Dream working in the Crimson dining room. Looked to be very personable with his group of diners.