So many questions

denisemac

We are getting ready to book on the Explorer of the Sea for the May 13, 2010 cruise.

We have always cruised Carnival and I am really excited to try RCCL.

We need to book 3 cabins, and are very interested in 1 JS, and 2 Balconies. I can't decide what deck would be best. I have noticed that on Deck 6 and Deck 7 the JS have a note that says "obstructed views".

Does anyone know how "obstructed" the balcony is?

Also, how are the camps? We will be traveling with our 5 year old son, who absolutely loved the Carnival Camps.

Any other tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Denise

The only Junior Suites on decks 6 and 7 are on the aft of the ship. There something we refer to as a "superstructure" which is comprised of support beams out there. You do have to kinda look around the beams. Also, beyond the cabins on Deck, there is a deck that stretches out a bit towards the aft of the ship meaning that you can't look straight down into the water - only out towards the water.

I have had a JS on Deck 10 on a sister ship and the "look through" isn't bad at all.

None are truly "obstructed"...but on the aft cabins, you don't have a straight down view to the water...you have to look out past the end of the ship.

If you can book something a bit higher, you have a much better view from the aft...or, pick something on the side of the ship--ample balcony room for a couple and no obstructions at all!

Archived