Stroller or no stroller for day excursions in Bahamas?

Plasticmouse

We are going on a Bahamas cruise on 7-Feb with my 22-month old daughter. For the day excursions in Freeport and Nassau, is it recommended to carry the stroller (not umbrella) around? In Nassau, we are looking at walking the downtown including Queen's staircase, doing the Ardastra gardens and the Cloisters and the aquarium at the Atlantis.

YES!!!! Bring a stroller! All will be happier! You're looking at ALOT of walking...most babies don't want to be held for hours and hours...a stroller will give you options, and baby can nap, if they need to. Plus, you'll have someplace to put any purchases you may make....I'd bring a stroller, if I still had small children!!!!

Thanks. However, wouldn't there be places where one would need to climb stairs etc., or unpaved paths where strollers will need to be carried around?

Queen's staircase would be very difficult to navigate with a stroller as they are high steps carved from the rock! The sidewalks and roads are not the best in Nassau. Might I suggest a cab to Adastra Gardens (zoo)? We spend a lovely couple of hours walking around there. And if you take the stroller, the fort is right across the way - you would be able to walk over to that. Walking around Nassau itself is not all that great.

The staircase would be hard to navigate with a stroller, but when we went there we only stood at the top and took pictures going down. We didn't actually walk it. You should have a very nice time at the Astrada Gardens. If your daughter likes animals and birds she'll love it there!

Archived