Need hotel help

CathyG

Can anyone tell me anything about the Ramada Inn in Vancouver near the port? I haven't been able to find anything bad about it but thought I'd ask here before we made reservations.

Thanks for your help,

Cathy

There are two Ramada's in the downtown core - one on Pender and the other on Granville - both are old properties that have been fixed up - the one on Pender is about three blocks to Canada Place but is in a older but safe area with less in the line of restaurants etc right close by. It is also only a block from the Canada Line rapid transit line from the airport. This property was originally called the Niagara Hotel - my late uncle was the long time general manager of it.

The one on Granville is in my opinion the better of the two - located at the top end of the Granville entertainment district it would be about a $10.00 cab ride to Canada Place - it has a great little pub restaurant called the Morrisey and is one block from our best blues/jazz bar at the Yale hotel. It is better served for restaurants etc.

Perhaps I am biased to this location as I can see it from my condo and have a few drinks and meals there.

Others I am sure will offer there opinion.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis - thanks for your quick reply. We were thinking of the one on Pender but will now look at the one on Granville. We were just interested in someplace inexpensive and that one seemed to fit the bill. Thanks again for your prompt reply. Are you able to see the ships from your condo? That would be terrific if you could.

Cathy

Hi UT,

You seem to have the answers to hotel questions. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on East Hastings in 2005 and it worked great. They are not offering a park and cruise deal this year. We are driving up from Oregon the day before the cruise.

So I found a deal at the Coast Plaza that seems pretty good. $235 includes parking, transport to the dock, and $25 for dinner. Is there a catch I am missing? Maybe not the "right" hotel?

https://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/canada/bc/vancouver/coast_plaza/packages_and_specials/cruise

Your opinion would be appreciated,

Jonna

Archived