Just at Paradise Beach on Friday 1/14/05

TxKroozer

We were just on Paradise Beach on Friday, 1/14/05 and sad to say we missed seeing Tom. Osbaldos did keep us well served with margaritas and food. The threat for rain was washed away by plenty of sun and those that crowded onto the beach in the afternoon had a memorable day for sure.

The pier looks good and was taking shape. It also appears a new fad has emerged in the throwing of certain wait staff off the pier. This came after the crew carried the new chef out to the surf and dropped him in. Something fun to watch.

No admission charge to Paradise Beach-though it is only proper to buy your food and drinks there (and the food is terrific!). $5.00 charge for wrist band which allows you use all their non motorized beach toys. Kayaks, trampolines, snorkel gear (deposit required) floats, iceberg etc etc etc.

Taxi fare is per taxi (not per person) and depends on which pier you dock at. From International pier it is $12.00 (one way) per taxi and the taxi holds up to 4 people.

Was the beach very crowded? How many ships were in port the day you went? I'm curious since there are supposed to be 8 ships in when we are there Thursday, April 7. Everything I've read here makes PB sound like so much fun. My kids have been checking out the website and can't wait either!

TxCroozer...Hmmm...the day before I was in Cancun, but I was definitely there on Friday!! We obviously missed each other somehow, bummer. Glad you had a great day and got to see the new staff initiation rituals! It's something not commonly seen in the wild!

vanclan...thanx for answering!

scsagh...see you in April!

jblair...we have 2 masseuses (female) and they charge $1USD per minute, with a 15 minute minimum...enjoy!

There were 6 Ships in Port that day. We arrived at Paradise Beach at approx. 10:30AM, (AFTER SPENDING A GLOURIOUS TIME AT COZUMEL SALLY GETTING A 1 HOUR ASHIATSU MASSAGE, THIS IS A HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED EXPERIENCE. COZUMEL SALLY WAS WONDERFUL, VERY EXPERIENCED, I FELT COMPLETELY COMFORTABLE AND HER MASSAGE WAS TO DIE FOR. SHE EXPLAINS EVERYTHING YOU WILL BE EXPERIENCING DURING THE MASSAGE AS WELL AS ASKS YOU ALL THE APPROPRIATE QUESTIONS TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. mORE ON THIS EXPERIENCE IN A SEPARATE MESSAGE. ANYWAY....

From the moment we arrived at Paradise Beach, we were met with warm hospitality and a wonderful experience. Beautiful Beach, wonderfully clean bathrooms and changing facilities. We had a great Beach Waiter, so sorry I don't remember his name, he accomidated us all day long, until at least 4PM, he ran a tab all day and didn't bother us to pay our bill until the very end even though we offered to pay him several times. We had a fantastic lunch. The free Beach Chairs, Umbrellas and Beach are awesome. You can't beat a $5.00 per person charge for unlimited use of the Water Trampoline, Iceberg, kayaks, Water Mats, Snorkeling Equipment, etc. I highly suggest you try this piece of Paradise.

Archived