Laundry on Jewel

want2retire

If you've ever had laundry done at a hotel, pretty much same procedure. They also normally run a special with something like $25 for everything you can stuff into one of their bags.

Before then, a lot of items are overly priced (i.e. pair of socks) and some aren't. We try not to use them and do a lot of mix and match with reuse (of some things, of course).

I agree. We did mix 'n match so we could wear each item 2 or 3 times.

The ship laundry can be hard on clothes so we only sent more durable clothes, like hubby's slacks and cotton briefs, tees, socks, using the 'all you can fit in the bag' special.

We handwashed many items, mostly my undies and blouses. We took home many of our outer garments unwashed rather than use the ship's laundry on them.

We just got off the Jewel, and cruised for the first time with carry-on luggage only.

Thus, we had some laundry done. Prices were about $3 for jeans, $2 for shirts, socks, underwear.

The laundry special was offered Thursday morning, with the close promised by afternoon on Friday. I think it was $25 for the paper bag (would hold less than a paper grocery sack, imo.) We didn't do that.

There's also a clothes line in the shower/tub (at least in our minisuite) if you needed to hang something up you washed yourself.

We found the laundry service to be quick and beautifully done. Clothes came back neatly folded, wrapped in tissue paper, and placed in a wicker basket.

It was much less costly for us to have the ship do a little laundry (even at full prices) than it would have been to check luggage given the luggage fees the airlines are charging. We found it refreshing to cruise without a ton of stuff.

Archived