VOS .. kids compass?

ineedacruise

Sorry, I don't have any scanned in. It will vary by age, by destination, and whether it is an "at sea" or "in port" day.

In general am's start out with some more or less free time play while everyone gets there. Each day there is at least one craft project and one science project - They try to "tie" craft projects to the geography/culture of the lands that they are visiting. There are inside and outside games scheduled - AO does not do any water activities. There is a small rock climbing wall in one of the AO rooms. There are snack times. All events are scheduled and published daily.

There are also family activites planned - Bingo, family skate, scavenger hunt, and disco dance. There is a youth talent show for most cruises on one of the last days at sea.

There are a couple of nights when the kids can eat dinner together with the counselors at Johnny Rockets. They will announce the nights at the AO orientation session first evening on board. You need to sign your kids up by noon each of those days.

Evenings each have a theme - pirate, pajama, rock-n-roll, etc.. Crafts and activities are themed - color a bandana, face painting, maurade the ship for pirate night (just a warning - if a young pirate makes a funny face at ye, don't make the same face back).

Even though AO doesn't do the water activities, the kid's schedules have the open times for Adventure beach (primarily for the pre-school, K-1 set) and the waterslide.

Remember sheet music or cd or whatever your kids might need for talent show, a nice new pair of pajamas for pajama night.

I'll check back, if no one else can point you to or provide you with actual schedules, I'll see about scanning some in. My DD has been on five RCCL cruises since she was five - on VOS and ROS and loved them all. The AO counselors are the best!

Archived