Belize snorkel through CCL

carribbeanmic

Looking for info on Carnival shore excursions for Belize. They have three excursions listed Turneff Beach Break, Sargeants Cay and Goff Cay. Has anyone got any reccommendations? Each tour lists as 3 1/2 hours. I thought it takes 2 hours to get to Turneff reef. As for nonCarnival tours like Coral and Eco, do they use those tiny water taxi boats? BTW how long is the tender time from cruise ship to Belize? Thanks for any info, Marilyn.

I did the Goff's Cay snorkel. The ship's tour was convenient because the boat picked us up at the ship's tender doors. The island is surrounded by reef. The snorkeling was very good.

Here's a link to an independent's web site.

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/BeachSnorkelingBelize.htm

Some cruises offer Rendezvous Cay. Very similar, same reef.

Looking for info on Carnival shore excursions for Belize. They have three excursions listed Turneff Beach Break, Sargeants Cay and Goff Cay. Has anyone got any reccommendations? Each tour lists as 3 1/2 hours. I thought it takes 2 hours to get to Turneff reef. As for nonCarnival tours like Coral and Eco, do they use those tiny water taxi boats? BTW how long is the tender time from cruise ship to Belize? Thanks for any info, Marilyn.

I just want to snorkel off the beach, because my teens are scared of sharks. I can't convice them to go out to the reef. lol:p

I just want to snorkel off the beach, because my teens are scared of sharks. I can't convice them to go out to the reef. lol:p

Then Belize is perfect for your kids. The snorkel boat anchors at Goff's Cay (Rendezvous Cay, also). It's a shallow, short walk to the beach.

As I mentioned, these islands are surrounded by the reef.

If you are ever at Nassau give the kids some tough love. Book them on Stuart Cove's Swim WithThe Sharks snorkel trip. They'll learn to love sharks (assuming they're not eaten by one :p):

http://www.dive-bahamas.com/DiveBahamasMgmt.aspx?id=3&pageId=17

Nassau: “Snorkel Bahamas Adventure” is a 5-½ hour trip operated by Stuart’s Cove. The boat trip is @ three hours, and visits Schoolhouse Reef, the spectacular Golden Key Reef and finally a “swim with the sharks” at ‘The Wreck of the Bahama Mama’. I have never before witnessed such a number and variety of fish as at Golden Key. There are never-ending fish, large and small, singly and in large schools. The floor is decorated with huge, magnificent coral formations of all shapes and sizes. While there, a shark cruised past our group. He obviously thought this was his ocean and didn’t know, nor care, that we weren’t scheduled for a shark encounter until after Golden Key. Surprisingly, getting in with a dozen or so sharks is not frightening. I suspect we were too caught up with their grace and magnificence to be scared. The fact that the boat captain hadn’t lost a diver in twelve years was also encouraging. This is a five star, gold medallion, prime trip, not to be missed!

Archived