ChoiceAir - Good or Bad

lcumpire

We are taking the Equinox in the Eastern Med in October so we are tying to figure out what to do for the airfare. Someone in our thread recommended the Celebrity ChoiceAir so I thought I would ask on the tread if anyone has any experience - good or bad.

Thanx

We had never booked air through a cruise line...but Choice Air was simply unbeatable for the return flight of our upcoming Transatlantic.

We told our T/A that we we wanted a) to stay post-cruise a few days, b) fly via our preferred carrier, c) leave around noon and d) choose decent seats. It was all done in a flash, for 1/3 the price we might have been snockered with on our own. So far so good. I'll have to get back to you in May...

Happy Cruising,

Alan

I've never found air any cheaper on Choice Air than I've been able to find on my own.

It recently priced out flights at over $2000.. when I found the exact same flights via sidestep.com for just over $1500.

Also you have to watch the farecodes and restrictions. One pair of tickets recently purchased through Choice Air....while the rates were good.. the tickets were only good on Delta or Northwest. As it would happen, the flight was cancelled and the only other flight that day.. with seats.. was on USAir. USAir would not accept the tickets....because they were "unendorsable".. only good on Delta/NW. So.. the clients had to purchase new tickets from USAir.

I've also seen some very.. very close to illegal connections.. especially domestic to international and international to domestic... and in the real world.. undoable.

I've never found air any cheaper on Choice Air than I've been able to find on my own.

It recently priced out flights at over $2000.. when I found the exact same flights via sidestep.com for just over $1500.

Also you have to watch the farecodes and restrictions. One pair of tickets recently purchased through Choice Air....while the rates were good.. the tickets were only good on Delta or Northwest. As it would happen, the flight was cancelled and the only other flight that day.. with seats.. was on USAir. USAir would not accept the tickets....because they were "unendorsable".. only good on Delta/NW. So.. the clients had to purchase new tickets from USAir.

I've also seen some very.. very close to illegal connections.. especially domestic to international and international to domestic... and in the real world.. undoable.

Are you sure you are speaking of Choice Air And not Celebrity custom air. They are entirely different. Lots of people on our TA have found Choice Air less expensive than any consolidator and it carries X guarantee to get you to the ship if there is a delay. Custom Celebrity Air was going to be 2300. for me (one way to Rome). Choice Air was 450.00

There is a choice of airlines and many non stop flights.

Archived