Formal Nights on the Dream

ninjasquash

I am sailing the Western Caribbean on the Dream in March and was wondering which nights were the formal nights? I wanted to book reservations for the steakhouse, but do not want to miss out on the Captain's dinner etc. Also, how dressed up do people REALLY get on this ship? This is my first time sailing on Carnival. From reading the boards it seems that this cruise line is more laid back than others. I don't want to overdress!!!!

Thanks for the input in advance!:)

Not sure if the western is the same but eastern was sun and thurs nights. As far as getting dressy, there were people dressed in formal attire. My family always dresses up each night even on casual days. Well the girls at least =). So if you like getting dressy then go for it! Don't let other people stop you! Haha.

on 7 day cruises usually sun & thurs. dress as u like! enjoy yourself! don't worry about anyone else - this is your cruise.on my last cruise i overheard a passenger asking about what to wear on elegant nites - loved the answer. Check what u brought & wear the nicest in your suitcase.

Ok, thanks for the info! On my first cruise for the Captain's dinner, people were dressed in everything from regular street clothes to "walk the red carpet Oscars attire"!!! This one older couple were dressed in matching gown and tux with coordinating tartan sashes! They were so cute, like a matching set of salt and pepper shakers!:D I am not so formal but will find something suitable in my suitcase!!!!

Just off Legend last week. First time in 13 cruises I didn't wear a tux. Counted 3 tuxes on two formal nights. About 30 or 40 percent wore a jacket and only half of them with ties. I wore slacks and a dress shirt.

Formal night is officially dead on Carnival. I'm one of these who likes to get dressed up. I miss it. Oh well..............

But don't let that stop you. Get dressed up if you like and have a good time.

Part of my reason for not bringing the tux was I didn't want to be confused with the staff.:p No, no just kidding. But really, all that extra clothing and with the airline luggage fees, I wanted the space in my luggage for other things.

Archived