Freedom of the Seas -- Which Night -- Dining Question

CruiserTK

My D and SIL are going on the Freedom of the Seas March 14 sailing. They would like to go to Chops, and since she has cruised before, would like to go the evening of the Caribbean Night meal in the MDR as that is her least favourite meal. This is the Eastern Caribbean sailing. Two questions: a) Does anybody know which evening is the Caribbean night? b) Can she book her Chops reservation online prior to sailing?

I was wondering the same thing. Many people have posted in the past, but I wanted to wait until closer to our departure to get the true story. I am leaning towards booking Chops/Portofino for wednesday night, or thursday night. Wondering if anyone has the menus for these two nights from a recent Eastern cruise on Freedom.

Thanks in advance!

OK, I looked at an old menu from Freedom and it looks like formal nights are monday and thursday. The menus from tuesday and wednesday don't really have anything that spectacular, wednesday being the weakest, IMO. Like I said, these are old menus, maybe 6 months or more so I don't know how true they are. If the formal nights are correct, looks like tuesday or wednesday would be your best bet! Good luck.

My D and SIL are going on the Freedom of the Seas March 14 sailing. They would like to go to Chops, and since she has cruised before, would like to go the evening of the Caribbean Night meal in the MDR as that is her least favourite meal. This is the Eastern Caribbean sailing. Two questions: a) Does anybody know which evening is the Caribbean night? b) Can she book her Chops reservation online prior to sailing?

We are on ther same sailing as your DD and SIL. We have prebooked Portofinos for Thurs as Fri is now the 2nd formal night.

OK, I looked at an old menu from Freedom and it looks like formal nights are monday and thursday. The menus from tuesday and wednesday don't really have anything that spectacular, wednesday being the weakest, IMO. Like I said, these are old menus, maybe 6 months or more so I don't know how true they are. If the formal nights are correct, looks like tuesday or wednesday would be your best bet! Good luck.

Thank you. If anyone should have recent dinner menus from the MDR scanned, I would appreciate your posting them.

Has the formal nights been changed on all ships? We are going on IOS the first week of March, and I planned all my specialty dinners around the formal nights being Mon and Thurs!:eek:

I don't know if this makes a difference, but the cruise that she is going on is a Sunday to Sunday cruise; yours may be a Saturday to Saturday, and that may explain the difference in the formal nights.

Archived