Maui Day Two?

Sherette7769

We are a family of 4 (DS 2, DD9) and would like some ideas on what to do on day two in Maui on POA? We don't want to rent a car, but do not want to be confined to the ship for the day either. On the first day we are going to the other side of the island for a whale watch tour and lu'au. Any suggestions on what to do day two, without a rental car?

Thanks!

there are so mnay things to do on Maui. You aid several times that you do not want to rent a car, so I won't even mention it. Have you looked into a private tour, like Roberts or something like that. There is the Road to Hana, or going up Haleakala Crater, or to the Iao Valley.

try this web site for some more info on Maui

http://www.gohawaii.com/maui/

I'm in the same situation. I was thinking about the $29 bus ride to Lahaina for the day or the free shuttle to Hilo Hatties. When you get back post what you decided to do.

We are cruising POA 2/6 I decided to do the day at Lahaina, I have a friend to goes to Maui every year and she suggested that going there would be a very good day trip with plenty to do, beach, shopping, and some nice places to eat. The whale watching is good also if you will be there at the right time of the year...

I'm in the same situation. I was thinking about the $29 bus ride to Lahaina for the day or the free shuttle to Hilo Hatties. When you get back post what you decided to do.

Can someone tell me about the $29 shuttle? Where can I find more info about it?

Joan

The $29 shuttle to Lahaina is a NCL excursion from the Pride of America. If you are on that ship, check it out under shore excursions on the NCL page. I was wrong about the free shuttle to Hilo Hatties. It is offered at quite a few of the ports, but not Maui. I think where we port is too far.

Here is the description quoted from the NCL website. The website says the tour leaves the pier at 9:30 a.m. It is $29 roundtrip per person.

"For the most convenient and cost efficient way to travel to Lahaina a quaint town on the shores of west Maui use this round-trip motorcoach service. You'll ride in comfort for approximately 45 minutes each way, enjoying views of the spectacular west Maui mountains and the tranquil coastline. Your motorcoach will make two stops, at Hilo Hatties and at the flagpole next to the Lahaina Wharf. Dozens of boutiques, shops, restaurants, and historical sites will all be within easy walking distance from both locations. Note: Feel free to check onboard at the Shore Excursion Desk as some tours may also be combined with the Lahaina on your Own' tour allowing time in Lahaina with another tour. The return transfer back to the ship departs the meeting location at 3:00 pm."

Thanks for all the help! Still not sure which route we'll go. I don't think DS (2) could sit still for Hana etc. So, we may just find a way to a beach - that we don't have to rent a car for. We are going to Lahaina the first day and have a whale watch tour through PWF and the Old Lahaina Luau that evening. All of the places sound fantastic, just not as feasible with a two year old.

Thanks for all the help! Still not sure which route we'll go. I don't think DS (2) could sit still for Hana etc. So, we may just find a way to a beach - that we don't have to rent a car for. We are going to Lahaina the first day and have a whale watch tour through PWF and the Old Lahaina Luau that evening. All of the places sound fantastic, just not as feasible with a two year old.

Hi,

How are you getting back from the Old Lahaina Luau when it finishes, we have a car for 2 days so we will need to park it somewhere near the ship on the Sunday night, anyone know where will be best as it will be around 9.30pm by the time we get back.

We are actually going to try to turn our car in that night, as we don't want to drive the next day. I know the last shuttle leaves the rental place at 9 p.m. to go back to the ship, so if we miss that we will probably have to get a taxi. Maybe someone else can help with parking???

Archived