How much luggage can I carry on the ship?

GranthamMommy

How much luggage can I carry on the ship?

We each travel with a carry on size roll-aboard 22 x 14 x 9 suitcase. However we have one of those fold in half suitcases with our dress clothes (1 suit each for my son and husband and two dresses for me).

Will Carnival allow us to carry that much on?

We have a suite this cruise (25th wedding anniversary!) so we'll have VIP check in. I haven't sailed Carnival in awhile. I don't know how long the lines get in Miami.

If you want to learn to travel light, try traveling by train in Europe. Also, I hate paying baggage fees to the airline.

Keep in mind you're gonna have haul that stuff until your cabin opens...I know at least on the Freedom, the doorways to the cabin areas were closed/locked until they were all ready.

As long as it fits thru the security scanner, I can't see them having an issue with it..

but the folks behind you might :D;)

I don't think you will have a problem. We always have a small sport type of carry on with our swim suits, change of clothing, meds, etc. Plus we have a back pack with some personal things. We put luggage tags on a big suitcase for each of us, and the folding "suit formal wear case" for every two of us. We only have to "lug" them to a porter at the terminal.

We have always been able to put our carry ons in our room. We ask the stewards each time if we could put them in, and they have always told us it was fine. Just ask to see! Enjoy your cruise!:)

From the Carnival FAQs:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W x 30"L. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"w x 16"h. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

The critical word in that quote is 'ENCOURAGED'... there really is no restriction to how much baggage you can bring with you...

:)

Thank you. We'll bring the small roll-aboard on with us and let the porter handle the "dress clothes" If he loses that, well we'll be a little less "elegant" than we planned.

With the new unlocked luggage policy, I don't want to leave the roll-aboard with the porters. If we did, then we would need another bag for our personal items, camera etc. to carry on board.

Archived