Is insurance non refundable?

jmcdon7230

Second, don't we live in a society where you have to know what YOU are buying? Why should they have to tell you that the insurance is not refundable when they give you ten days to look over the policy you purchased? People have an obligation to do research like the OP is doing when they buy anything. Otherwise it is their bad if they get stuck with whatever they have bought. If the insurance company provides you their policies in writing, you can't say that they were the bad guys here. If they try to tell you that it isn't refundable and they can not show you where it says that in the policy you purchased, then yes, that would be fraud, in my book. I'm not saying that what we get in writing is easily understood by most of us who aren't in that profession, but it is the world we live in.

I don't have a problem with the insurance companies. Living on the Gulf Coast of Florida and having lived through multiple hurricanes, I know what they are about and where they are coming from.....and what kind of people I'm dealing with. The problem I have is with a travel agent pushing the policies, taking their cut and pretending that they are working for you.

My thoughts on this topic may have no weight because I'm not an insurance expert, but I'm going to post them anyway.. LOL.

We never once, when purchasing travel insurance, have been asked what type of stateroom we are in and what the cancellation policy was for that stateroom. For instance on our upcoming cruise we have an AA and as others have said the cancellation penalities are effective immediately upon booking. The insurance company did not ask any questions about our stateroom when we insurance that trip so they had no clue if they were liable or not from day one. So they insure broad risk which to me means they believe from the day the insurance is taken out they are liable for the claim, reguardless of each cruiselines cancelation policy per stateroom, etc.

Second, don't we live in a society where you have to know what YOU are buying? Why should they have to tell you that the insurance is not refundable when they give you ten days to look over the policy you purchased? People have an obligation to do research like the OP is doing when they buy anything. Otherwise it is their bad if they get stuck with whatever they have bought. If the insurance company provides you their policies in writing, you can't say that they were the bad guys here. If they try to tell you that it isn't refundable and they can not show you where it says that in the policy you purchased, then yes, that would be fraud, in my book. I'm not saying that what we get in writing is easily understood by most of us who aren't in that profession, but it is the world we live in.

....also...on another subject....what are you doing on this thread when you haven't finished your Dawn review? You're wasting valuable computer time.

Archived