Mykonos scooter/atv rental anyone?

55J5-5

We asked concierge on ship for scooter rental info, he knew the closest to dock and whether reliable....just remember that they drive pretty fast and crazy.It was fun and we got to see a lot of the sights off beaten path, but must admit that I held on tight and screamed at hubby quite a lot.But a great experience,just not for faint of heart types....:cool::cool:

I have done some research to find prices on renting some scooters or atv's at Mykonos. Now looking for any recommendations or those to stay away from.

Any suggestions?

We've been thinking the same thing. Care to share what you've learned already? We haven't gotten that far yet.

min age is 18 with drivers lic to drive. Here is the nutshell of info.

Kosmos - mykonosrentacar. com

scooter - 5 types 23E-28E yes pick up/drop at port

atv - 2 types 30E-32E cancel policy - 1wk notice, after no refund. even if we dont dock no refund.

Apollon - apollonrentacar. com sent email on 1/23 no responce

scooter - ? types 20E-30E yes pick up/drop at port

atv - 3 types 35E-38E never emailed back about cancellation or anything eles

Auto-moto rent - papoutsas-rent. gr

scooter 1 type 20E

atv - 1 type 35E cancel 24hr no charge, after = 1day charge. so no dock you will be charged.

OK - okmykonos. com

scooter -7styles 18-33E

atv - 3 styles 33E wont take reservation for aug. it is high season, call that day.

Action - actionmykonos com

scooter - 2 types 20E-25E yes pick up/drop at port open 8-21.00 2nd rider free

atv - 3 types 25E-35E 25% deposit of total - no dock full refund they take visa/mc

I received the reservation from action by email filled it out and scanned and emailed it back. Having never faxed out of the country didnt want it to go to the wrong place.

Take extra space out of web address for it to work.

These prices are right off their sites or emailed from them for Aug 2010.

• 6 months later...

action rental was right there for our pickup. We had another family that rented with us so action contacted another rental company for them. Think they share atv's when needed.

Remember to mark on the map where you return your atv. We got mixed up. Some of the hills are to much for 2 people to get up. Also the lighter you are the easier it is for the atv to get up the hill. Many of us had to walk our atv's up some hills. OH and there are only 5 gas stations on the island.

Roads are easy to navigate. Would recommend for the drivers to have experience driving these and driving in traffic, so old enough for regular drivers lic at least. We drove on the main roads often.

Loads of fun and will do this again!!!

• 1 year later...
I will be the driver and my wife the passenger. Which vehicle registers lower on the terrified passenger meter? Is taking the ATV on the beach acceptable?

Just rented last week from Hercules rental. 15 euro each, two of us on each machine, 8 euro in gas. The two machines we rented were lower end machines and I think they had governors on them that kept them from going very fast, which, in my mind, was a good way to go. Up hill, we could get up to 25 to 30 Km/h. downhill around 40 Km/h

We only rented them for a couple of hours as we spent the morning walking the town. They arent allowed in town so we felt like we'd like to see that part first, then ride in the afternoon. We didn't go to Paradise Beach, but we were told it was gorgeous...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

We had problems with the head guy to start with, then we had a break down and only had a little time as we were on a cruise. Then I was pulled away by my wife as this assh@#$ was basically challenging me to a scrap and this was all because I asked him for half our money back as we only got 1 hr use of the ATV plus we had to fill them up at the beginning because the were empty. Unless your a big guy and no wife around don't go there. If you are a big guy with no wife around then GO there and close the door!

I have done some research to find prices on renting some scooters or atv's at Mykonos. Now looking for any recommendations or those to stay away from.

Any suggestions?