Kid's Splash Pool on NCL Sky?

BalconyBreeze

OK....Does anyone have a photo of the kiddie pool on the Sky? I just read one travellers review, which was pretty awful. He advised that it would be awful to bring small children on the Sky and compared the "Splash Pool" to a "bathtub".:(

The pic from the NCL website is not a close up.......I was wondering if a fellow traveller may have caputured a photo of this "bathtub" and I wondered how disappointed my kids will be!:confused:

OK....Does anyone have a photo of the kiddie pool on the Sky? I just read one travellers review, which was pretty awful. He advised that it would be awful to bring small children on the Sky and compared the "Splash Pool" to a "bathtub".:(

The pic from the NCL website is not a close up.......I was wondering if a fellow traveller may have caputured a photo of this "bathtub" and I wondered how disappointed my kids will be!:confused:

Well, maybe if the only reason you were booking on the ship was for a toddler splash pool. I have to disagree that it would be "awful" to bring a young child on Sky because there are many other things to do/see--and a small area for water play is not the most important thing in the world, IMO.

beachchick

Of course it's not the only reason I would book a cruise. Having two little ones though...it wouldn't hurt to have a nice little spot for them to splash around, that's all.

I am a bit disappointed in their kids crew program, only being free when out of port. Considering this itinerary is always in port.

Oh well......It's still a cruise and nothing beats a cruise! :)

Of course it's not the only reason I would book a cruise. Having two little ones though...it wouldn't hurt to have a nice little spot for them to splash around, that's all.

I am a bit disappointed in their kids crew program, only being free when out of port. Considering this itinerary is always in port.

Oh well......It's still a cruise and nothing beats a cruise! :)

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to the reviewer's comments, not your concerns. Of course it's disappointing not to have a nice splash pool or water play area for youngsters. I just thought that a reviewer saying it would be "awful" to bring young children on Sky solely because of that was over the top.

I agree that it rather stinks to have the children's program included (at no extra cost that is) when at sea. On a port-intensive cruise, little ones really need a break from the "all day, every day" hustle and bustle, and parents can use a break too for that matter.

beachchick

I not sure if w are talking about the same pools or not. I was on the Sky last year with my family which included DD12. She is too big obviously for the baby pool so I can't report how well it served its purpose during a sea day with other toddlers in it. But if we are talking about the same pool and the only baby pool I remember than I do have a pic.

It is really king of deep in middle for little ones and one baby about 1 yr. old was in and a couple times toppled over and the parents or myself (he was very interested in DD12 so he kept coming across the pool to our side) would pull him up and save him. I though it was a great area if I had little ones still myslf.

We were hot and were just looking for a quiet place to sit and sip our drinks. We wondered upon the baby pool and thought it looked like a nice place. We sat dangling our feet in the pool on the ledge while DD walked around in it. As you can see by the photo, the water is above her knees and she is near the edge. I thought it was a nice area but it might be too small with more than 10kids in it all at once. And you might want to keep an eye on them bc it was deep for little ones in my opinion.

3253_1145999930964_1256493273_400665_5789041_s.jpg

Thank you both! I appreciate it! Just looking forward to a great time with the family and always like to know as much as I can.

So I take it this was the same pool? And your welcome, always happy when I can help someone else out!:)

Archived