Botanical Gardens Transportation

tip

"The One Who Must Be Obeyed" and I visited the Botanical Gardens during a cruise several years ago. We took a cab and arranged for him to pick us up after three hours. We may do that again in late February unless someone else has a better idea. We are not too keen on renting a car. We have taken the jitney buses before to the Turtle Farm and to Hell, but are unsure if they even go near the Botanical Gardens and if they do how much of a walk it would be to the entrance and how often that they serve that end of the island. I know that it is in the other direction.

If you're talking about the Elizabeth something botanical gardens I just did some checking today. According to their website the options to get there from the pier were taxi, rental car, cruise tour or bus.

The website said average taxi cost was $50 one way and they would recommend having the taxi wait as there are not many taxis in that area. That seems a little steep for me

They didn't recommend the bus because of time constraints. The travel time couldn't be truly judged.

We don't want to rent a car. So, looks like our only option is through the cruiseline. RCI's tour "Ultimate Cayman Tour" (or something like that) is $82 pp. We really wanted to see the gardens but don't know if we can justify the cost.

If you learn of any other options, please post.

If you learn of any other options, please post.

Sorry, the website is pretty accurate. The gardens are a fair distance from the port, in the opposite direction as most of the common tourist attractions.

If you don't want to rent a car, then an excursion is going to be your only feasible option...or, as Drew suggested, you're going to have to choose another attraction to visit instead.

Archived