Cruising out of Barbados?

Mary in Maine

Has anyone started their cruise from Barbados? We're thinking that we would like to do that in May and spending a couple of days in Barbados before the cruise. Can anyone recommend a hotel? I've read about the Hilton and the Crane Resort on CC. Any recommendations? We love the boatyard

Quite a few start from from Barbados, I tried to help with a Canadian recently because P&O wouldn't allow them to book without flights from UK, but US lines should be OK Try the Barbados forum on Tripadvisor for hotel suggestions or this site-http://bbtravel.*****.org/index.php

I tried to help with a Canadian recently because P&O wouldn't allow them to book without flights from UK, but US lines should be OK

One of the reasons some people travel by sea is because they can not (or will not) travel by air. Compelling prospective customers to purchase a travel on a competing transportation line as a condition for purchasing transportation on you own line does not make a great deal of sense to me. . . .

Has anyone started their cruise from Barbados? We're thinking that we would like to do that in May and spending a couple of days in Barbados before the cruise. Can anyone recommend a hotel? I've read about the Hilton and the Crane Resort on CC. Any recommendations? We love the boatyard

Hi,

We flew to Barbados 2 days early and stayed at the Southern Palms Hotel.

Very nice and within walking distance to restaurants in the Gap.

We had a lovely meal at Bellini's and arranged a private island tour the last day. Our guide picked us up at the hotel w/luggage, had a 5 hour tour and then took us right to the ship.

Loved Barbados!

My wife and I are joining the Carnival Victory in March from Barbados and we will be staying in Barbados for a few days before we sail. We found our hotel on Expedia, looks good.

Archived