Zip Line in Limon - How Much Walking/Climbing?

VaLin

I very much want to do the zip line in Port Limon. Am on the Zuiderdam next month. However I have been told that there is climbing involved at the beginning to get to the first deck and lots of walking at the end back to pick-up. I will be traveling with a friend who has just had surgery. Could someone who has recently ziplined in Port Lemon please indicate how much walking/climbing is actually involved? Thanks so much.;)

I would definitely not recommend ziplining for anyone who has had recent surgery. There are steps leading down from every platform that are, in some in instances, narrow and steep. Also there can be trails between one zip platform and the next.

I think it depends on which tour company you go with. We booked with The Original Canopy Tour. We had two low-rise steps at the beginning of the ziplines. Once we started it was from one zipline to the next. Employees were stationed at each platform to help as you zipped your way in.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an active tour for people in good health. There is a fair amount of climbing, pulling yourself along the lines occasionally, zipping onto a platform and being caught, getting into and out of harnesses, etc. Be prepared to be jostled around a bit.

The first thing we had to do was climb a steep stair, more like a ladder, around 30 or 40 feet then walk across a rope bride. There were safety cables and it wasn't too difficult, but...

Frankly, I don't think this is an excursion for someone who is concerned about the physical aspects as they've had recent surgery. I would not take a chance on this if I were you.

We climbed a steep stair - more like a ladder up to these first platforms:

55229465_uZSp6-M.jpg

Could you tell me if you booked through the cruise or privately? I'm on a Carnival cruise next month and according to their website they don't book tours for some cruiseline passengers as they are their source BUT...I don't see Carnival listed.

I think it depends on which tour company you go with. We booked with The Original Canopy Tour. We had two low-rise steps at the beginning of the ziplines. Once we started it was from one zipline to the next. Employees were stationed at each platform to help as you zipped your way in.

• 3 weeks later...
We ziplined from Limon last month using Cedar Valley Ranch. There was quite a bumpy tractor ride to the start point then about 2 flights of stairs to climb. After that, no walking!

It was a great time.

We are thinking of going in April. Can you give any more info about them. WE have a 10 year old child do you think it is safe for her. As of now she wants to go, is there an option of her going w/ one of us adults in tandem? Also is it possible to wear a camera around our neck ? Any & all info is good. What else did you do on your tour. Would you recommend it? Anything you'd do different?

• 7 months later...
We are thinking of going in April. Can you give any more info about them. WE have a 10 year old child do you think it is safe for her. As of now she wants to go, is there an option of her going w/ one of us adults in tandem? Also is it possible to wear a camera around our neck ? Any & all info is good. What else did you do on your tour. Would you recommend it? Anything you'd do different?

i have not personally done this tour in costa rica, but i have been on other zip lines. i wore a hiking pack(like a large fanny pack) turned backwards, sometimes i had camera on around neck, and sometimes dh would have it. we traded off at platforms so we could have pics of each other. I actually saw a few people with camcorders filming as they were zipping.

my main concerns were one, don't drop it, and two, it's a rain forest...it may get wet. when the shower came, i put the digital camera up and we used our disposable underwater camera. pics turned out fine.

Archived