packing cubes what are they?

texasnana

What are they and where do i buy them?

I am a huge fan of packing cubes, packing folders and

"stuff-it" bags. I also have a few of those compression bags that roll the air out so you don't need a vacuum cleaner.

You can get them at ebags.com, or magellan.com, sometimes offered on overstock.com and an acceptable quality from the luggage department at Target. The Target ones have a bit or wire to make them stand up. I didn't see the necessity of the wire. Your local Tuesday Morning might have some and sometimes Marshall's carries a few.

On the Google home page, there is a clickable "shopping" line. click that and put "packing cubes" in the box. It should take you to many sites offering them for all different prices.

Eagle Creek is perhaps the best quality, but the e-bags sets are good for a starter. I sent a set of the ebags ones to my friend who joined us on a TA cruise from Barcelona and she loves them as much as I do.

You do have to roll the items you are putting in the cubes.

We use medium folders for slacks and shirts. We have short inseams:)

Shopping, packing, shopping, packing......it's a vicious circle but someone has to do it.

I purchased my packing cubes from www.ebags.com. There are several configurations to choose from. Mine are 3-sizes per set, large, medium and small. I got one set for DH and one for me. They are flexible mesh zippered "containers" that hold different clothing/accessory items. For example, in the largest one, I can pack between 6 and 8 folded shirts. When we get to our destination, just put the cube in a drawer, or on a shelf, and viola! Clothes stay very nicely in the cubes, don't wrinkle, and for my large rolling duffel bags, the clothes don't shift around in the bag.

I think they are a great idea, and they work beautifully. I've recommended them to all my traveling friends....:)

Karen

They are the perfect accessory to rolling duffel bags. You are so right!!

Janet I bought the EBags, expected delivery in a couple days. hadn't checked the other lines of packing cubes.

I started with the ebags set of 3. They are still in use after several trips. I've added some medium Eagle Creeks and a couple of small ones from Target.

You will really like them.

We have a Target close by so will check there also if I need anything else. I have also found using the Glad etc large Storage Bags work just as easily as the these other bags which you squeeze the air out of and cost far less. I usually used them for socks, undies stuff like that, even DH's T Shirts.

Gay

We sell these in the luggage store where I work. The cubes come in all different sizes and configurations, from tiny cosmetic bags all the way to huge pieces that would fill up half a large suitcase. The folders come in 15, 18 and 21 inch sizes, the largest being capable of holding an average sized mans suit.

Just be careful and only buy a couple at a time. I pack maybe one medium sized folder and one small cube in each suitcase, filling in around the edges with other things.

The folders hold a lot, in the medium size I'll pack 7-10 of my husbands shirts and a couple pair of shorts. In mine I'll pack all my knit tops and 3-4 pair of shorts.

There are all different prices and all different qualities, the lesser priced being of a lower quality. I have Eagle Creek, Tumi and Victorinox cubes/folders. The Eagle Creek are a great quality for the price, the Tumi and Victorinox are fabuluous, but I don't think they are made any longer.

I do have a set of Ebags, they are not the same quality as Eagle Creek, but not horrible. The cheapest ones I have are plastic and really smell like icky plastic, I don't recall the brand, probably from Target or KMart.

Yes...I have too many pieces of luggage and all the accessories :rolleyes:

Archived