Atlantis-Allure of the Seas 2011 information

TravelerRoss

Just booked a midship balcony on Deck 8! Can't wait.

Welcome to the Central Park neighborhood. We are also midship deck 8, starboard side. We have some good friends there too.

You'll have a great time, I love the Atlantis experience.

Holy Crap! It's just amazing that they're going to sell out this entire 5,000+ person ship strictly through Alumni and word-of-mouth nearly a year in advance! There's been virtually no advertising. Obviously those of us who were begging Rich to book the Oasis class knew what we were talking about!! ;)

I notice this is nearly sold out which is incredible, what age range do you think will be on this boat?

If I can't get on this, i am thinking about trying the Mariner in October, what will this be like?

I'm still thinking about Mariner in October as well... just have to get some work lined up...

With 5500 boys and girls flocking into town for this cruise, I would imagine hotels are going to be pretty full. Does anybody have the inside scoop on deals during that time. I know that the "gay hotels" normally have a 3 night minimum stay. For those of us not staying longer than two nights, we might have to go to the str8 hotels.

We look forward to meeting everybody on board.

I booked yesterday. This cruise is booking so fast I cant believe it. No inside cabins left. It will cost me literally twice as much as the Liberty did, but.....the liberty was soo much fun....

I will have to room share this time. Yikes...

With 5500 boys and girls flocking into town for this cruise, I would imagine hotels are going to be pretty full. Does anybody have the inside scoop on deals during that time. I know that the "gay hotels" normally have a 3 night minimum stay. For those of us not staying longer than two nights, we might have to go to the str8 hotels.

We look forward to meeting everybody on board.

I was looking at pre cruise lodging this week, I like the gay hotels but don't plan to spend 3 nights pre cruise, checked some of the straight chains and found some already booked up.

Hey Gang, I booked today for this cruise...can't wait. When I booked I asked the agent if it's going to sell out quickly and he said he wouldn't be surprised if it sold out within a week or so...looking forward to a fun time.

Well, it is that time again, as on all gay cruises the rumor-mill is alive and well as to who they are getting as headliners and all the rest of the entertainment. For this cruise, we heard one of the performers is going to be none other than RICKY MARTIN. It will be great to see him and his family on board.

Well, it is that time again, as on all gay cruises the rumor-mill is alive and well as to who they are getting as headliners and all the rest of the entertainment. For this cruise, we heard one of the performers is going to be none other than RICKY MARTIN. It will be great to see him and his family on board.

It has been announced on the Atlantis site and mentioned by Rich in various "Ask Atlantis" sessions over the past few cruises that there will not be a "headliner" as the theater on this ship can not hold the all 5,500 guests in two sittings.

This is from the Atlantis site:

Will there be a Headliner?

We’re still putting our entertainment plan together for the Allure and will probably not use a single “big name” as we’ve done in the past. It’s simple logistics, since we’d need to have them perform 4 shows and this is not likely to be feasible. That said, there is a full Broadway production onboard, the Aqua Show, and a flying show that is truly the largest show ever built on a ship. We’ll likely bring two or three amazing acts, plus a cadre of Atlantis favorites to celebrate our anniversary.

Link here:

http://www.atlantisevents.com/cruises_2011_anniversary_alumnipreviewonly.aspx

It has been announced on the Atlantis site and mentioned by Rich in various "Ask Atlantis" sessions over the past few cruises that there will not be a "headliner" as the theater on this ship can not hold the all 5,500 guests in two sittings.

it should also be interesting with so many entertainment venues on the Oasis and will they be cancelled the week of the Atlantis cruise and replaced with gay entertainment? For example, on the ice skaing rink, how many gay ice skaters could they bring on board to do a show......or does anyone know a gay diver for the aqua show???? LOL

:rolleyes:

it should also be interesting with so many entertainment venues on the Oasis and will they be cancelled the week of the Atlantis cruise and replaced with gay entertainment? For example, on the ice skaing rink, how many gay ice skaters could they bring on board to do a show......or does anyone know a gay diver for the aqua show???? LOL

:rolleyes:

Funny you bring up gay ice skaters. A long time Atlantis Team member has recently (post Solstice Med cruise) joined the RCCL ice skating show on I believe Navigator. If he is still skating for RCCL I wonder if he will transfer to the Allure for our cruise?

They don't appear to be there. I wonder if they were deleted for some reason.

Try this link:

http://atlantisalums.ning.com/

I was having the same issues as both of you then received an alert that a new message was posted to the 20th Anniversary group and I followed the link from the email and now I have full access to the Alumni site but it appears that the URL has changed for some reason.

I did have to log back in but all is well.

Sure can't wait for this trip to happen. It will be a blast I'm sure!!!!

Try this link:

http://atlantisalums.ning.com/

I was having the same issues as both of you then received an alert that a new message was posted to the 20th Anniversary group and I followed the link from the email and now I have full access to the Alumni site but it appears that the URL has changed for some reason.

I did have to log back in but all is well.

Sure can't wait for this trip to happen. It will be a blast I'm sure!!!!

Thanks, that actually worked. It doesn't make much sense as I had the alumni page saved in my favorites and it worked the day before. Thanks again...see you on Allure!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone i know this is a big chance but im trying all my options.. I am in the military and my partner and his friend got a room for the feb 2011 allure cruise well i get back from deployment early in mid jan and i will be able to go now but his friend got a room that does not allow a 3rd or 4th person.. if anyone has room please let me know. i will not stay with you just to go.. the guy from atlantis told me i could find other people.. i am willing to pay the extra person cost and pay you as well.. lthrmilguy at gmail dot com is my email...

Holy Crap! It's just amazing that they're going to sell out this entire 5,000+ person ship strictly through Alumni and word-of-mouth nearly a year in advance! There's been virtually no advertising. Obviously those of us who were begging Rich to book the Oasis class knew what we were talking about!! ;)

Hello everyone i know this is a big chance but im trying all my options.. I am in the military and my partner and his friend got a room for the feb 2011 allure cruise well i get back from deployment early in mid jan and i will be able to go now but his friend got a room that does not allow a 3rd or 4th person.. if anyone has room please let me know. i will not stay with you just to go.. the guy from atlantis told me i could find other people.. i am willing to pay the extra person cost and pay you as well.. lthrmilguy at gmail dot com is my email...

Hi guys, I just decided to go on this cruise and was suprised to hear it's Sold out already..guess everybody wants bigger and better. Isn't that human nature:)

Anyway, I would like to go on the cruise now. If you know of anybody who is willing to share 1/2 their cabin, or sell their cabin can you please let me know.

Please feel free to pass my info to friends, my cell is 619-398-7425 and email is RDALLIN@cox.net. Hope something opens up. Thank you. Rick

Archived