Barcelona Bullfighting?

CruseKrazy

You will have bullfights this year. I do not like bullfights but I think that they will not be forbiden.

Our government tries to forbide everything and hates individual freedom. We had less politicians intromission in Franco's time than now.

It's the same here - government knows best! :eek:

Thanks for the news Normandie-BCN. Not sure if we will attend or not. Trip Advisor recommends not attending a bullfight in Barcelona and calls it a dysmal tourist trap event...

Dave

I Trip Advisor recommends not attending a bullfight in Barcelona and calls it a dysmal tourist trap event...

I think that it has been a tourist trap for years but at present, given the political oposition some great "toreros", like José Tomás, uses Barcelona as a main place to enhance the fans.

If you have the oportunity try a bullfigh on horse or "rejoneo", which I like much more that the normal one. At least, horses and bulls are really beautifull.

During which period of the year they will contest the bull fights??

In Barcelona, almost any Sunday from April to September. Around 25 Sundays. In most of Spain the period is similar. From September to April is the period for America's season (Mexico, Peru, Colombia, etc.)

• 2 months later...
I think that it has been a tourist trap for years but at present, given the political oposition some great "toreros", like José Tomás, uses Barcelona as a main place to enhance the fans.

If you have the oportunity try a bullfigh on horse or "rejoneo", which I like much more that the normal one. At least, horses and bulls are really beautifull.

Does any one know how to get tickets to a bull fight? I'll be in Barcelona on Sunday, April 4th and was thinking about seeing a bull fight. Normandie-BCN, where do bullfights on horses occur?

The "toros" season starts on April 25th. The only "corrida de rejones" with horses is on May 23rd.

For information of the perfomances and ticket purchase see:

http://www.torosbarcelona.com/ (in Spanish)

For ticket purchase in english see:

http://www.servicaixa.com/nav/en/mucho_mas/barcelona/plaza_de_toros_monumental_9001/plaza_de_toros_de_barcelo/

Archived