Travel Mascots

Uconnfan

My friends and I are bringing a small stuffed animal to put in pictures of our trip. Anyone ever done this before?

The agency I work for actually has a stuffed lamb that employees take turns taking on vacation. Lambchop has been photographed in some of the coolest places.

Our group of friends has a traveling gnome "Gnomey" that has been on many trips. We even get his pictures with other people on vacation, give them Gnomeys business card and then his story and pictures go on his website.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freewebs.com%2Fogallala-gnomey%2F&h=334591c5a82d9658c493eb6f0ca76fbf

Check out his site.

I have and have gotten many strange looks! :) But I don't mind.

<--the entire cruise

Our cabin steward - he HATED taking this photo, but Mitzy tipped him well

DSCN1667

Mitzy with the crown and anchor gift

DSCN1705

The FUNNIEST thing I've ever seen - created by my cabin steward on day 11 of the 13 day cruise. By then, he had figured out that I love Mitzy and I love the towel animals. (in case you can't figure it out, they were all watching cartoon channel and when I passed the cabin steward, he said "someone's waiting for you inside"...I open the door and see this!)

DSCN1909

After I shot this, the person next to me said "You didn't just take a picture of that GOOSE" My response - "Yes I did! She loves playing bingo!"

DSCN1919

Mitzy with our club soda

DSCN1467

We had a great time and you'll have fun with your stuffed animal too. I had portraits done with Mitzy and I bought them because they were so cute!

I discussed with my human friend whether Mitzy should come on my next cruise. We decided that she definitely is coming. I was concerned that my luggage could fall into the water and Mitzy would be ruined (last time I carried her on and she got inspected by security). My friend said that a size xl ziplock bag would protect her during the dangerous moments of the trip. After taking the posed pictures throughout the ship, I actually leave her in the room most of the time to protect her from cigarette smoke. She only left the room for picture taking sessions and the rest of the time, she hung out with the towel animals in the room.

My friends and I are bringing a small stuffed animal to put in pictures of our trip. Anyone ever done this before?

Ha! A few years back my friends & I liked watching South Park - yes, really - there was one show where Cartman made "J-LO" on his fist, complete with hair & a dress hanging off his hand... well, long story short, we made our own J-lo the same way, with a photo copy of a fist - and sent her off on a few vacations, such as San Fran & a FL. Good times & a good on going joke at work. Hmm... Maybe J-lo would like to go cruising...

I like the idea of making your own traveling gnome!! My husband is not going to think this is a funny as I do... :D

The agency I work for actually has a stuffed lamb that employees take turns taking on vacation. Lambchop has been photographed in some of the coolest places.

Sounds like a cool idea...shows off the destinations for clients as well...

Have a great cruise!!!!

& Remember Texas is but a short drive from Arizona...

Looks like a close to home cruise departure for you....are you taking a Husky? Hope my mom doesn't read this...next thing I know we will end up with a stuffed Husky at the dinner table...UCONN is where both parents earned their Bachelors degrees.

Perhaps my DD will bring along a Cougar and a Longhorn Bull...that covers where DW and I graduated from for each of our degrees...

Never on a cruise ship but in our Motorhome traveling all over the west and Mountain states. Bill and I found " HEAD " in the gutter one night. She was lying there all dirty and beat up but we grabbed her by her hair, took her home, Washed and cleaned her up and she looked Fantastic...good enough for a road trip. When we parked, she would always sit on the Dash Board and in Good weather she was always outside with us. Then one time we actually put her on top of the MH to see the world. We kind of forgot she was there and we drove off. That was the last time we ever saw " HEAD ".

It was a sad day when we realized she left us to go back to her ROOTS. If anybody has seen her, tell her we miss her very much....I would take it she still has not aged a day.....Oh ya....." HEAD " was a mannequin and I think she was used as a Model for future hairdresser.

WE MISS YOU " HEAD '!!!

MIKE

On most of our cruises we have taken two stuffed Dalmatians, cuz we cant bring our live Dalmatian. Ike & Patch have been to the concierge lounge, formal dinner (yes they wear their bow ties) and the room steward does funny and sometimes unmentionable things with them. The worst was when the room steward fed them too many pillow mints and they puked all over the cabin.

I wish I had pic of that, but the batteries were dead. She actually had them on the bed one night with several mint wrappers and wrapped mints on the bed. The next night she had them laying belly up and used material to make it look like they had puked.

You bet she got an extra in her tip envelope

Looks like a close to home cruise departure for you....are you taking a Husky?

WOW, never thought of a Husky even thought I too am a UConn grad. One friend is bringing a character from Fraggle Rock, another friend is bringing Sprout from Green Giant and I am bringing a Monchichi (80's character).

We thougt it would be fun and get some good pics with them.

One cruise we travelled with Flat Stanley. I had met a friend online from Missouri whose son's class was participating in a Flat Stanley project. We took him everywhere!!! Dining, swimming, shopping, exercising, excursions... it was a hoot! Needless to say, friend's son's Stanley had travelled the farthest, and was the hit of the class!

:D

A~

Archived