Sailboat charter to disburse ashes...

LoriLinay

I know, I know...icky subject...

I've very recently lost my father and would like to "disburse" his ashes from a sailboat in St. Thomas (wonderful childhood memories)

Besides Winifred, can anyone suggest another private charter? There will only be 4 of us, and don't want others onboard (passengers)

Thanks in advance.

LoriLinay - So sorry to hear about dad but what a perfect place to be in the end! You might want to try some funeral homes in St. Thomas and see if they have any connections and what the laws are in regard to spreading ashes. You don't neccesarily have to go through them but maybe they can point you in the right direction. I know most of the sailboats hold 6 so you could just pay for 6 and have the boat to yourselves.

Sorry to hear about your father... :( We booked a daysail with High Pockets (just DH & me to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Captain Kathleen was most accomodating and responded to my emails immediately. I'm sure if you called or emailed her and explained your situation she could help you out or refer you to someone who could...

Take care-

I think her personality and kindness would fit well with what you are doing, and she isn't always so packed with cruise guests. Try her at seamax@islands.vi and tell her what you need. She works with alot of the high end hotels guests, and I am sure she is discreet and would be most loving about the situation. We loved her trip!

Good luck and God Bless!

Mary

Archived