got the following warning

cambridge1

anybody have any problems or concerns with this regarding the "smuggling of alcohol"?

Dear Guest,

Before you get ready to have the most fun you ever thought possible on your upcoming cruise, we must share some important security information with you.

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits certain items onboard, i.e., weapons, candles, irons, alcohol, or other dangerous goods. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all luggage and if prohibited items are found, they will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case. For additional information, please refer to the terms and conditions of your cruise ticket contract.

IMPORTANT - All luggage must be unlocked before turning over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience to you or delay in delivering the luggage to your stateroom.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We can't wait to see you on board!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President, Guest Services

Someone else posted this letter today. I think it has more to do with overall security than alcohol smuggling.

I think as long as everyone doesnt go overboard with the smuggling they prob wouldnt stop you.. for those packing one 32 inch suitcase with nothing but booze thats like a slap to the cruiselines face.. i dont think they really care about 1 case of beer or one bottle of liquor,, but when your bringing a FULLY stocked bar with you on vaca..they may just take your stuff.. ive never over done it.. usually 2 bottles of wine and maybe a few nips bottles of booze to mix with the lemondane or what have you..never had a problem in all my cruises on all 3 lines, CCL , Princess, And RCI

I think as long as everyone doesnt go overboard with the smuggling they prob wouldnt stop you.. for those packing one 32 inch suitcase with nothing but booze thats like a slap to the cruiselines face.. i dont think they really care about 1 case of beer or one bottle of liquor,, but when your bringing a FULLY stocked bar with you on vaca..they may just take your stuff.. ive never over done it.. usually 2 bottles of wine and maybe a few nips bottles of booze to mix with the lemondane or what have you..never had a problem in all my cruises on all 3 lines, CCL , Princess, And RCI

I agree with you........

This is the standard contract statement you fine on any cruise line :(. HAL will allow wine/soda to be brought on board (as many as you can carry on.) The last time I cruised to Hawaii with them I took 5 bottles of wine and 18 bottles of diet coke and passed right through screening.:DCarnival allows one bottle of wine per person at embarkation and soda's:) . RCL and Cleb NO.:eek:

COP

I'm not sure about the timing of this letter (ie when is your cruise) but I think they are being sent due to the change in policy regarding locked luggage. Nothing about the rest of the policy has changed.

We leave Monday and I got the email yesterday. Used rum runners on the last cruise and did not lock my luggage, but now I am more concerned that they are telling me NOT to lock it at all. I wonder...do they have time to look through every single bag??

No. Seriously, think about it. 3K passengers, 1.5 bags per person, 4500 bags ...

they arent searching for booze, they are searching for drugs and weapons... they have a dog sniff the crate all the luggage is in.. if he smells nothing, they move to the next crate.. if they happen upon one that smells like drugs or perhaps exsplosive material i can inly assume that cutting locks on each bag would be very time consuming.. but they are only going to open bags in the crate where suspicious material is smelled...

anybody have any problems or concerns with this regarding the "smuggling of alcohol"?

Dear Guest,

Before you get ready to have the most fun you ever thought possible on your upcoming cruise, we must share some important security information with you.

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits certain items onboard, i.e., weapons, candles, irons, alcohol, or other dangerous goods. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all luggage and if prohibited items are found, they will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case. For additional information, please refer to the terms and conditions of your cruise ticket contract.

IMPORTANT - All luggage must be unlocked before turning over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience to you or delay in delivering the luggage to your stateroom.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We can't wait to see you on board!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President, Guest Services

Ok, it says to avoid any inconvenience to ME or delay in delivering MY luggage, right?

So, let them inconvenience me because I will lock it...I will come when I hear my name announced...no problem....and I can wait until 11pm for luggage because I have 5 days worth of clothing in my carry on.

Great...problem solved!:D

Archived