Anyone done the Baths excursion from Prickly Pear Island?

margbem

The trip is on the same morning as the beach barbecue. We don't want to miss that but also want to see the Baths. Does anyone know whether you come back in time to go to the barbecue?

Yes you can do both, on the trips to the bath you are dropped off by tender, then the ship moves position, once the Baths tour is finished you are taken to a resort (the name of which escapes me) and pick up the ships tenders which then take you direct to the beach barbeque.

Dont worry you will not miss any of the beach Barbeque

The Baths are great and not to be missed

I hope the above helps

deb

The trip is on the same morning as the beach barbecue. We don't want to miss that but also want to see the Baths. Does anyone know whether you come back in time to go to the barbecue?

We thoroughly enjoyed this excursion. The ship briefly stopped on the south side of Virgin Gorda to disembark passengers at Spanish Town who had signed up for excursions. The ride from the pier to the Baths was not too far. We had the place to ourselves when we arrived early in the morning. After about 90 minutes, the excursions from the large liners docked in Tortola showed up. That wasn't a problem as we were ready to go by then anyway. We hiked up the hill (would be difficult for those with limited mobility), had a small cup of rum punch then boarded an open-air jitney for the drive to the north end of the island where the ship had repositioned off Prickly Pear. We stopped at a lookout high above the sound and got great photos of the Pride below. The ship's tender was awaiting us and gave us the option to ride directly to the beach barbeque rather than returning first to the ship, and the whole group did just that. The caviar in the surf had already begun, but the crew stayed in the water until we took our photos and had our fill of caviar and champagne.

You can definitely do both.

johnny

We thoroughly enjoyed this excursion. The ship briefly stopped on the south side of Virgin Gorda to disembark passengers at Spanish Town who had signed up for excursions. The ride from the pier to the Baths was not too far. We had the place to ourselves when we arrived early in the morning. After about 90 minutes, the excursions from the large liners docked in Tortola showed up. That wasn't a problem as we were ready to go by then anyway. We hiked up the hill (would be difficult for those with limited mobility), had a small cup of rum punch then boarded an open-air jitney for the drive to the north end of the island where the ship had repositioned off Prickly Pear. We stopped at a lookout high above the sound and got great photos of the Pride below. The ship's tender was awaiting us and gave us the option to ride directly to the beach barbeque rather than returning first to the ship, and the whole group did just that. The caviar in the surf had already begun, but the crew stayed in the water until we took our photos and had our fill of caviar and champagne.

You can definitely do both.

johnny

This morning I was on the Seabourn web site and attempted to book the Virgin Gorda Snorkeling tour offered by SB but since we have already signed up for the Beach Barbeque it wouldn't take the reservation. Not sure if that would be the case if you tried the baths. If anyone knows I would love to hear.

Thanks,

Shirley

In the past, there was no need to sign up for the beach barbeque. I suggest you call the Miami office and ask them the timing of the snorkeling tour. My recollection is that all tours left early in the morning from the initial anchorage and returned in time for lunch.

But if you have to make a choice, go with the beach barbeque. It is truly a highlight of the cruise.

In the past, there was no need to sign up for the beach barbeque. I suggest you call the Miami office and ask them the timing of the snorkeling tour. My recollection is that all tours left early in the morning from the initial anchorage and returned in time for lunch.

But if you have to make a choice, go with the beach barbeque. It is truly a highlight of the cruise.

Thanks for the suggestion. This time they do have the beach barbeque listed on the shore excursions and since we had already signed up for that as a not to miss event, when I went back in this morning to sign up my husband for the snorkeling it just wouldn't accept the reservations. I will give them a call and check regarding the timing. As you say the Beach Barbeque on Prickly Pear is not to be missed.

Shirley

I also tried to tick the boxes for the barbecue but we are already signed up for the Baths trip so it wouldn't let me. We don't want to miss either of them! Can you let us know on here what you find out from Miami, please?

Margaret

In the past there was no need to "signup" for the beach picnic--when you were ready, you just jumped on a tender and went to the beach--I don't know why they had the signup--just about everyone goes--it requires a huge setup by the crew--the tender keeps shuttling back and forth--so you can stay just as long as you want! It is fun. Don

One more tip--if it's like the past--when you hear a loud whistle blow--run like a crazy person toward where the incoming tender is heading--the caviar for "Caviar in the Surf" will be on board! Or better yet--stay where you are and have another Rum punch! Don

• 2 weeks later...

I have had much better luck planning any excursions onboard rather than online. The only exception is spa services, I always schedule them online, especially if I want them on at-sea-days.

As to the baths. They are an interesting trip, but you should be reasonbly fit and nimble. The is a littbe bit of scrambling up over and around. Still in all worth while. You will be back in plenty of time for the beach BBQ.

Have fun.

RKM

I also tried to tick the boxes for the barbecue but we are already signed up for the Baths trip so it wouldn't let me. We don't want to miss either of them! Can you let us know on here what you find out from Miami, please?

Margaret

I did finally check with Seabourn about the The Baths and The Barbecue on Prickey Pear Island . They said that the Bath were in the morning and the Barbecue was in the afternoon (not what it shows on online). The agent made the reservations for us for the Baths and our Barbecue reservation remained. I think if you are interested in doing both you may have to call have them as I'm not sure the online site will permit both bookings.

Hope this helps.

Shirley

More recently, while there is no fee, registration for the Beach Barbecue has been requested, just for planning. I plan on a spa day while you are all out sipping champers and snacking on caviar.

:confused:Does that mean after our day in the sun and saltwater we will arrive aboard to see you all rested and pampered? While we will possibly look like drown rats! Maybe I need to rethink my plans.

Like Jane, we have done the BP so many times..that we enjoy having the yacht almost to ourselves. We have just never been lovers of the sand..except to look at. We lived on an island for years...and though our youngsters loved it..we only walked in it.

Archived