Price drop!

angel69

Finally we got a price drop! All balcony cabins D1-D6 for May 29,2010 sailing got lower price today and it's not for new bookings only. I am so happy...Check your sailings.May be they have more dates with drops like that.Good luck to all! :D

Just checked the RCCL website and actually the one I'm booked on (5/8/10) says call for availability for the D1 category (which we have), but I was surprised to see that most all other "D" cabins are now approximately $500 more than we paid for the D1 back in December. Sorry it didn't go down, but GLAD we didn't pay more!

Hello lauderdalebob, we also are going May 8th. I have been watching for a price drop. I think she is going to be full. This will be the first cruise in a long time that we have not had a price drop. It is the most expensive cruise for us in a long time, also.

Thank You! Thank You!

I just saved $480 on my February 13, 2010 Oasis cruise, due to the fact that there is a senior citizens rate, which my Dad qualifies for and therefore my son who is sharing a room with him. ($240 each)

No price drops for my husband, my self or my daughter though!

I am very greatful for the $480 savings!

The rep said it will be applied as On Board Credit, and if unused will be credited back to my credit card. He was also shocked to see that there was a price drop.

Thank You! Thank You!

I just saved $480 on my February 13, 2010 Oasis cruise, due to the fact that there is a senior citizens rate, which my Dad qualifies for and therefore my son who is sharing a room with him. ($240 each)

No price drops for my husband, my self or my daughter though!

I am very greatful for the $480 savings!

The rep said it will be applied as On Board Credit, and if unused will be credited back to my credit card. He was also shocked to see that there was a price drop.

You are welcome! Enjoy your cruise and your new on board credit!

i've saved $1400 total since my original booking a year ago thru my travel agent for my 5/29/10 departure. the kids fares have come down as well as the adults. i actually just checked today and the price was down another $400 (200/adult).

Hello! apologies for the naivety but how do you find out about the price drop other than calling RCCL?? Does anyone know of price drops for D cabins cruising in Dec 2010??

Kaz,

Just do a dummy booking on the RCI website for your sailing. I check every day for a drop. There is a program not to be mentioned here that monitors this for you. You will have to do a little research to find it. For me, I just check when I check my emails...easy.

Deb

Just checked the RCCL website and actually the one I'm booked on (5/8/10) says call for availability for the D1 category (which we have), but I was surprised to see that most all other "D" cabins are now approximately $500 more than we paid for the D1 back in December. Sorry it didn't go down, but GLAD we didn't pay more!

Same here! Our D1 for April 17, 2010 is now about $400 more now than when we booked waaay back in May of 2009. I'm certainly not complaining!

---------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Hello! apologies for the naivety but how do you find out about the price drop other than calling RCCL?? Does anyone know of price drops for D cabins cruising in Dec 2010??

Our TA has a standing policy for giving us any price drop prior to the cruise. A good TA will do this automatically. Ours has done it more more times than I can remember on several cruise lines. We have had our TA for over 20 yrs. (sadly, she is retiring this year... horrors!). I guess all good things have to come to an end sometimes.

-------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

I just called to check the prices for our Feb. 13th oasis cruise and we got $100 off each for 2 adults and 2 kids and $540 off each for 2 seniors. That is a total savings of $1480!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting me know!!!!

I'm on the May 8, 2010 sailing also! We have a D7 through the CC group rate, and our room is currently $1000 more than what we paid last July. Insane, I cant imagine paying that much!! We paid $1542pp and now its at $2514pp I think? Yikes!

Glad we locked the rate in when we did! Our group rate is locked in until Friday only, then the rest of the rooms not booked are going to be released, so maybe there will be a drop, but I doubt for less than we've already paid. Time will tell I guess! :)

My October 30, 2010 cruise has gone up considerable. We have adjoining balcony rooms and it's gone up about $1,000 pp since I booked.

We both are booked on the same cruise 10/30/10 and I too could not believe it has gone up by $1000/pp. We are in a D8 balcony room deck 6. Found one price drop of $70 pp about five months ago. I check about 3x a day and will be more than happy to let you know if I see one!!!!!

KimC

Cols., OH

Danfan,

That would be great if you can let me know if you see a price drop. You can e-mail me at Jt4428@aol.com. Please put Oasis in the subject so I don't delete it. Don't know if it will happen, but always a chance.

Are you travelling with any kids on that cruise? We have a 17 year old son and an 12 year old daughter. We cruise every year that week since our schools are closed. But I haven't told my kids that we are going on Oasis. Going to surprise them. I kept telling them that it's too expensive.

I'm on the May 8th cruise also but no price drop, only May 22nd has a price drop. D6 and D7 are not available online so they must be almost booked up in these categories. I guess we will have to keep checking since I need to pay in full in a few weeks. I hope we all get a price drop, more to spend onboard.

I'm May 8th and 15th (B2B) and keep checking.

We booked as soon as they opened up and the May 8th week (Eastern) has risen a lot more than the May 15th (Western), although they are both significantly more than when we booked.

I'm on the Nov. 13th sailing and boy am I glad I booked it a while ago...several months ago. We have a category D1, 7th deck and WITH trip insurance ours came out to $2875, but it's now $3498 and that's without the trip insurance too...whew.

I'm on the Nov. 13th sailing and boy am I glad I booked it a while ago...several months ago. We have a category D1, 7th deck and WITH trip insurance ours came out to $2875, but it's now $3498 and that's without the trip insurance too...whew.

We're booked on the Nov. 13 sailing too (& my name is Sarah as well)! We've got a C1 on deck 12 and paid $2886. It's now going for $3708. That's a crazy price increase and we just booked 1 month ago.

Sarah.

It can't get better than that! Today we have a residency rate for GA! This is the second price drop for this week-another $540 savings. Balcony cabins are cheaper than inside! Grab them while you can!:) The residency rate does not show up on the first page. You need to select the cabin category to see it.

I am on the same cruise as you and I want to thank you so much for posting this info. I was originally in a D1 and decided to go to a D2 because I can get the Ga residency discount. My total price dropped from $4838 to $3818 for our family of 3. I saved over a $1000 and our new room is only a couple of rooms down from our old one. I think we can survive with a balcony that is a tiny bit smaller to save $1000. Thanks again!!!!

It can't get better than that! Today we have a residency rate for GA! This is the second price drop for this week-another $540 savings. Balcony cabins are cheaper than inside! Grab them while you can!:) The residency rate does not show up on the first page. You need to select the cabin category to see it.

I am on the same cruise as you and I want to thank you so much for posting this info. I was originally in a D1 and decided to go to a D2 because I can get the Ga residency discount. My total price dropped from $4838 to $3818 for our family of 3. I saved over a $1000 and our new room is only a couple of rooms down from our old one. I think we can survive with a balcony that is a tiny bit smaller to save $1000. Thanks again!!!!

Stacey,you are welcome!I hope more people to read this on time,so they can take advantage of this too.Are you sure your total is not $3613.69?Because this is what is shows for D2 for 3 ppl.

Archived