Carnival Magic Past Guest Rate Special

Sargent_Schultz

The ES rates aren't that much higher than the Past Guest rates but if the price goes down after final payment we won't get the OBC but the ES people will. It just depends if the Magic will sail full or if Carnival will have to lower the rates. In 2007 we sailed the Freedom in the Med and got $400 in OBC just a few weeks before sailing.

There could be some rate reductions after final payment, but I doubt for the more desirable cabins (like a Cove Balcony).

We booked on the Magic our aft balcony cabin and while a bit pricey, it is a 12 day cruise so when you factor that in we got a good rate. Our aft balcony on the Dream for 5-1-10 went up $100 so no reduction there. We were surprised that our wrap around aft cabin on the splendor went down by $140.00 and we were credited for that. Usually the wrap arounds are prime cabins so we were surprised but delighted to get a reduction. Since it is not yet final payment due, they reduced the rate on it and did not give on OBC.

I'm booked in a cove balcony with the initial past guest rate. Unless there is a large enough rate drop with an ES booking I'm going to keep it under the past guest rate even though I like the ES program overall.

I'm worried about airfare for this one. I don't want to be locked in and then have airfare go through the roof (any more than it is already!).

Archived