Best ship for young children?

carriebryce

We want to go on a cruise before we have our third child. We are looking at Sept 2010. Our boys will be 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 by then.

Which 5-7 night ship do you recommend? We are new to Carnival, coming over from RC but are drawn to the fact that Carnival will accept our two year old into their kids program. Thank you for any input you can provide!

I don't think it makes a real difference on the ship as the camp carnival for

the kids is basically the same on all ships.

If you think your young children will enjoy the waterzone then you might

consider the fantasy class which has it installed. Or the newer ships with

the water works. But your kids might be on the young side for the water

slides, etc.

But our kids have been in the camps since they were 5 and really really

enjoy the camp. Your kids will have so much fun regardless which ship

you are on.

We want to go on a cruise before we have our third child. We are looking at Sept 2010. Our boys will be 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 by then.

Which 5-7 night ship do you recommend? We are new to Carnival, coming over from RC but are drawn to the fact that Carnival will accept our two year old into their kids program. Thank you for any input you can provide!

The Carnival Fantasy, hands down. Been on her 3 times, out of New Orleans. Twice with my DD, she has also sailed on Carnival Conquest. The evolutions of fun on the Fantasy class ships is great for the kids. They are probably too small to go on the slides, but the splash zone around the slides is fun. Also, the Camp Carnival staff have been great for the two we brought DD. Only thing I did not like was they have wii, nintendo, etc, games in the camp. Also have no complaints about the childrens program on Carnival Conquest.

The Majority of the staff on Carnival Ships I have seen love children. They really pay attention to them.

Staff do change and I cannot speak about anything current on the Fantasy.

Thank you both for your responses. I should have mentioned that we need a ship that ports out of a city that Southwest Airlines flies into because we have an airline credit to use. Miami would be ideal, Port Canaveral (Orlando), etc.. Thanks again!

Thank you both for your responses. I should have mentioned that we need a ship that ports out of a city that Southwest Airlines flies into because we have an airline credit to use. Miami would be ideal, Port Canaveral (Orlando), etc.. Thanks again!

You can fly southwest into houston and get on the Conquest. My kids love their Camp Carnival program. It worked fabulous for our kiddos. I have one who is autistic and they were even great with her.

Sorry, if the Fantasy was still in New Orleans, I would say have fun. Will be on the Triumph in April out of New Orleans and will let you know. The Conquest and Ecstasy are out of Galvestion, TX which is about an hour away from Houston, (I think SW flies into Hobby, which is closer to the interstate to Galvestion). I think, but not sure, the Ecstasy just came out of dry dock with the Evolutions of Fun, (water park). Like I said, my DD enjoyed herself on Conquest as well.

Just to add, the Fantasy Class ships, for 4, inside and ocean view are small. You will have two upper births folded out on top of two twins pushed together. On the bigger ships, (Ocean view and Balcony, not sure of insde) you would have a sofa with an upper birth, (not over your head or feet), and two twins put together. There is enough room on the bigger ships to have a roll away on the floor in the room as well.

We've cruised two times with our children, both times on the Glory when she went out of Port Canaveral. Loved our experiences both times:D. We will be surprising them with a cruise on the Fantasy this summer out of Charleston (no traveling for us) and after reading the replies on your post, I'm very excited! BTW, our boys were a young 3 and 4 the first time they cruised. Camp Carnival was top notch. Our kids were "Momma's boys", too, but had no problem being dropped off, and did seriously ask to go. The only reason we didn't cruise with them last year was that they would have been in different age groups and that probably wouldn't have gone over to well. Good luck, I don't believe you can go wrong with kid cruising on CCL.:D

The other benefit...the price! We were able to get a balcony cabin next to all the pool fun for about 5000$ less than an equivalent cabin on Disney. Not that I don't love Disney, but as we go every year, we enjoy the bigger room. Have fun!

Adrienne

Archived