Princess excursions in St Lucia

gsmith

We are sailing on the CB in March and are currently booked through Princess on the Jungle Reef Break excursion in St Lucia. Three years ago we did a private tour with Cosol and LOVED it but are not sure we want to duplicate the experience in lieu of experiencing an equally memorable option. We had considered purchasing a day pass at Sandals but the Jungle Break seemed to offer an attractive combo of land and sea. Yet...I cannot find any reviews that even come close to raving about the Princess excursion and now I am rethinking this choice.

CC members who have done any of these...please advise!

We are sailing on the CB in March and are currently booked through Princess on the Jungle Reef Break excursion in St Lucia. Three years ago we did a private tour with Cosol and LOVED it but are not sure we want to duplicate the experience in lieu of experiencing an equally memorable option. We had considered purchasing a day pass at Sandals but the Jungle Break seemed to offer an attractive combo of land and sea. Yet...I cannot find any reviews that even come close to raving about the Princess excursion and now I am rethinking this choice.

I'm not familiar with the Jungle Reef Break excursion, but we did a full day Land & Sea excursion that was excellent. Catamaran from Castries to Soufferie(sp), with a stop in Maginot Bay and past the Pitons. Then a van trip back to Castries. Stop at the drive through volcano and a coffee plantation. Lunch included. Cost was $99.00 pp

St. Lucia is one of our favorite islands.

I'm not familiar with the Jungle Reef Break excursion, but we did a full day Land & Sea excursion that was excellent. Catamaran from Castries to Soufferie(sp), with a stop in Maginot Bay and past the Pitons. Then a van trip back to Castries. Stop at the drive through volcano and a coffee plantation. Lunch included. Cost was $99.00 pp

St. Lucia is one of our favorite islands.

I can't speak to the private tours the OP is asking about but we did the same land & sea tour mentioned above through Princess & it was by far one the best excursions we have ever booked through a ship. It was a full day, a great lunch, we had a stop to snorkel & a brief stop to shop in one of the villages. The time at the plantation & the volcano were great. It was an excellent value!! Not sure any of the excursions on my upcoming Panama Canal cruise will come close.

I can't speak to the private tours the OP is asking about but we did the same land & sea tour mentioned above through Princess & it was by far one the best excursions we have ever booked through a ship. It was a full day, a great lunch, we had a stop to snorkel & a brief stop to shop in one of the villages. The time at the plantation & the volcano were great. It was an excellent value!! Not sure any of the excursions on my upcoming Panama Canal cruise will come close.

I'd forgotten about the snorkeling stop. Probably because I don't get in water when I don't know what's in there with me.:eek:

Check out the following thread. Person who responded to my inquiry about this excusion loved it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1127132&highlight

Again, I want to thank everyone for all the great information! I used your posts as leads to dig deeper into the available reviews by past cruisers and I'm just not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling about the Jungle Reef Beach excursion. The boat ride sounds very long and the beach... so-so. We'll probably opt for something else once I pair those options down. Cosol was so amazing the last time we visited St Lucia and the overwhelmingly positive reviews reflect that others feel the same. Now, if I could only duplicate that experience with enough of a different flair to make it a novel experience!

Archived