Interested in carriage ride in Cartegena

KNITWITS

Has anyone recently taken the carriage ride in the walled city of Cartegena? I was wondering if the driver takes you past the sites a ship tour takes you to, and if they stop if you want to take pictures or a quick look?

Or if you just should enjoy the ride as a preview and go back afterwards if you want to look at any place in particular.

Also within the city how much would a taxi cost for an hour or so tour?

I just got back from Cartagena last night. It was our arrival and departure port so we spent a few day pre and post cruise there. All the carriage rides take the same route. They don't stop to let you out but might pause a sec for pics but most pics are taken on the go. We noticed that on port days they wee very busy and it wasn't near as nice as it is when they arn't so busy. Just seemed like on cart after the other all hurrying down the streets. It is a nice preview and the drivers of the horses tell you all about the what you are passing. Not sure if they all speak English though. As a side note, I have actually never taken the ride, just seen how they work. I have been to cartagena a couple of times now and normally just sit in a plaza where they pass and it is quite enjoyable to see all the people in the then and hear what the guides are saying.

Archived