Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

38anchor

Hi, flying in from the UK and spending 2 nights pre cruise at this hotel before our Oasis cruise.

Just wondering if anyone has stayed here recently and has any first hand comments.

Also, as we won't have a car, are we going to be quite central for shops, restaurants etc. Any recommendations?

I have also heard that the water taxi is a good way to get round - how far are we from a getting on/off stop?

Thanks in advance

Hello 38anchor,

We stayed at the Hilton November 2009 and it was lovely. We had an oceanfront suite with a balcony and it was a beautiful room. The food in the restaurant was good and there is also a small cafe/store attached to the hotel. The pool is also very nice and you can eat and drinks by the pool as well. The beach is directly across the street and is also very nice.

There are mostly hotels on the street but if you walk abit there are restaurants. Also to get around there is something called The Sunbus and it is a trolley and costs about one or two dollars and it takes you to Las Olas which has alot of shops and restaurants also it takes you downtown and also to a nearby shopping center that has a liquor store and other shops as well. Hope this helps and have a great time.

Mary

Hi, flying in from the UK and spending 2 nights pre cruise at this hotel before our Oasis cruise.

Just wondering if anyone has stayed here recently and has any first hand comments.

Also, as we won't have a car, are we going to be quite central for shops, restaurants etc. Any recommendations?

I have also heard that the water taxi is a good way to get round - how far are we from a getting on/off stop?

Thanks in advance

You are staying not that far from the Seville Street water taxi stop, when you come out of your hotel head south (to the right), go about 3/4 blocks to Seville St, turn right again and walk to the dead end. The water taxi sign stop is circular plastic pole.... don't look for a big sign, I missed it completely the first time. Google "water taxi Fort Lauderdale" and you can see their route and scehdule.

A block past Seville St. is Casablanca which gets good reviews and I have had some excellent meals there., Another couple of blocks south is Beach Place which has a few restaurants in it - average quality, and also along the same route is H2O, which I have always found very good. My cruise buddy is already in Ft. Lauderdale before our 2/6 cruise and told me had an excellent (but expensive ..$65.00 for one) dinner at the restaurant in the Atlantic Hotel, which is a few blocks north of your hotel, also right along the main "highway" A1A as is the Hilton.

We stayed at the Hilton November 2009 and it was lovely. We had an oceanfront suite with a balcony and it was a beautiful room. The food in the restaurant was good and there is also a small cafe/store attached to the hotel. The pool is also very nice and you can eat and drinks by the pool as well. The beach is directly across the street and is also very nice.

There are mostly hotels on the street but if you walk abit there are restaurants. Also to get around there is something called The Sunbus and it is a trolley and costs about one or two dollars and it takes you to Las Olas which has alot of shops and restaurants also it takes you downtown and also to a nearby shopping center that has a liquor store and other shops as well. Hope this helps and have a great time.

Mary

Hello,

We are also staying at that Hilton. Does anyone know if the sunbus stops at or near a Catholic church?

Thanks

Archived