Solve an Oasis "Bar Bet"

Alright all you Oasis Techies. I need your help. Can any one tell me if the following numbers are correct?

5,400 guests (double occupancy)

6,264 Max. Berths (every bed pulled out)

6,296 Max. Passengers (potential passengers allowed to legally sail)

6,660 Life Boat Capacity

• 1 month later...
Hard to read but this might help you...

DSCN0085.jpg

WHAT'S UP? I should have known it would be you who have this wonderful piece of trivia! How is everything with you two? Miss ya! Have you been on the Oasis already? Last I knew you were doing the 2 short b2b's in a suite to get your points to make it to Diamond+.....

The Double Occupancy # is clearly confirmed

and the Total passangers # seems to be correct.

But why would it be 32 people higher than the maximum number of berths?:confused:

I know when my Grandma used to sail Celebrity with her friends they would get a pull away bed in the room. Maybe they allow for 32 pull away beds.

For the lifeboat number I'm not sure we can get a correct answer. Somewhere RCCL probably stated the official number but that won't account for the loss of 2 main lifeboats and the installation of an unknown number of small canister lifeboats to replace them. Eventually the new unibody replacements will be back and they will probably leave her newly installed ones. At that point she will have enough lifeboats to lower them half full, lol. By law they must be able to evacuate the ship from one side in case of fire or list. If she holds 8,000+ passengers and crew her total capacity when counting official and canister lifeboats I would assume needs to add up to 16,000+.

By law they must be able to evacuate the ship from one side in case of fire or list. If she holds 8,000+ passengers and crew her total capacity when counting official and canister lifeboats I would assume needs to add up to 16,000+.

Can you imagine trying to offload 8000 people on one side of the ship?

Good luck with that.

Archived