Tired of same production shows on different ships

elou

Cruise lines hype these shows as "Broadway" or "Las Vegas" entertainment, which they clearly are not. I'm hardly surprised that so many passengers are disappointed. In an attempt to satisfy everyone, they ultimately please very few. It's much the same with the "gourmet cuisine" ... again, a gross overstatement. The kids are talented, but the contents of the shows are inane. They are what they are ... high school-quality musical productions, with better costumes and scenery. We stopped going to them years ago. Apparently we're not missing a thing ... they might even be the same shows!

We are also very fortunate to be able to travel. The shows do repeat, but they are usually fairly good. The best shows that we have found are on NCL and the worst on Carnival. Karaoke is always a good change of pace on Princess, on Carnival the DJ was very condesending to the singers and downright rude on several occasions, we walked out and refuse to go Carnival again. We still stick by Princess as we have always had a good time, good service, and food.

on the last night they had a 45 minute cabaret in the Queens lounge and it was the best show. Just 4 singers doing Broadway numbers w/o any props or gimmicks. I wish they offered it on more nights. Cabaret is fun and they probably sold a lot of drinks.

They must be doing something right! The theatre is always packed at least 15 - 30 minutes before the curtain goes up, and there is always a standing ovation for the performers. Mewthinks a little more upscale than a high school play.

AS for gourmet food, it is not and is not advertised as such. However, being a gourmet cook myself, the food in the MDR approaches that of fine quality restaurants which is somewhat of a feat seeing that they serve 3000 people over a period of about 4 hours.

It seems everything now gets a standing ovation. It used too mean something but now it's become a joke. I haven't seen any shipboard show that demanded one. Another example of dumbing down America.:mad:

And you've seen them all, with every cast?

Obviously the quality of the singers and dancers in a show varies by ship & cruise to cruise as does individual expectations and perceptions. Some can be subpar if poorly casted - others can be exceptional...

We may not have the same problem as many of you as we only go on a cruise once per year. However, I have been on 7 princess cruises and have seen the same show 2 or three times (Motor City).

However, I own an entertainment company and love music and entertainment and felt that even though it was the same show, it was peformed differently, so it didn't bother me. I would however rather see different shows.

Archived