What's a Silver Shore Collection

jerblu

I just started to look through the excursions available on the Istanbul to Venice trip in April. Many of the excursions are "Silver Shore Privato" which are obviously private trips for a few people. But what is a Silver Shore Collection trip? I'm looking at the Kusadasi tripe to Ephesus and the Terrace Houses, which looks very attractive, but I just wonder what the "Collection" means.

Jerry

miss Ephesus and the Terrace Houses..wonderful tour. We did private and had extra time. I was so against looking at rugs, but they took us to a fabulous place owned by a Turk and an American..Turkman or something like that. They showed even getting the silk from the cocoon. Fascinating. I wish I had had measurements. The Turkish rugs, the silks, the colors are so rich. Also we went to a leather factory, and it was very touristy--but I got the most fabulous coat made with smooth leather with washable leather inserts--very dramatic. I wish I was back there!

I just started to look through the excursions available on the Istanbul to Venice trip in April. Many of the excursions are "Silver Shore Privato" which are obviously private trips for a few people. But what is a Silver Shore Collection trip? I'm looking at the Kusadasi tripe to Ephesus and the Terrace Houses, which looks very attractive, but I just wonder what the "Collection" means.

Jerry

I found this on the Silversea website:

SILVER SHORE PRIVATO

Private car service allows you to experience the destination at your own pace. A perfect choice for families, friends travelling together or new friends you've met onboard. Create your own itinerary or let the Silver Shore Concierge recommend a most memorable one base on your interests.

SILVER SHORE EXCURSIONS

Intimate and rewarding small group touring.

SILVER SHORE COLLECTION

Unique and exclusive in-depth explorations of local history and culture.

and this by google search:

"To complement the launch of our new 'Silver Shore Concierge' service in July, we have developed several new destination enrichment programs for Europe and the Mediterranean this year," said Darius Mehta, Silversea's director of land programs.

"Among the new options, and branded under the 'Silver Shore Collection' label, are enticing excursions with a wine, culinary or cultural focus, as well as special tours offering the exclusive use of transportation and flexible itineraries to suit a couple or a group of friends wanting a more intimate and personalized experience ashore."

In addition, other new "Silver Shore Collection" tours offer intimate and in-depth explorations of local history and culture.

Archived