Scrapbooking Kits available on Princess Ships

reddirtgirl

I have a question for any fellow scrapbookers; I will be on the Star Princess in April and will be anxious to do a scrapbook album upon our return home. I read somewhere that Princess Cruises has created a scrapbook kit for $24.95 that is available for purchase on board. Has anyone seen these and, if so, are they worth it? It seems kind of pricey but if the contents have items specifically made with the Princess name/logo on them it may be worthwhile. Any info you may have on this is greatly appreciated.

Yes, they do have scrapbook kits available in the photo dept. These were mostly very specific Princess stuff. They also came with a free scrapbook. I did not end up purchasing, but that was mostly because the line was too long.

I purchased it on the Island when I went to Alaska. It is nice but the problem is when I scrapbook a trip, I usually need at least 3 scrapbook albums, so I probably would not buy it again. If you only need one scrapbook album for your trip, then yes, it is worth it.

Mom and Dad bought me the Alaska scrapbook kit on their Alaska cruise, so I could do their scrapbook. There was 12 x 12 paper and stickers. Some were Princess stickers that can be used for other trips and some were Alaska stickers. Mom also got the photo album (instead of the scrapbook, but that's another story) with the kit.

On the Emerald Princess last year I was able to buy both the scrapbook and the paper kit for 1/2 price because they were running a special if you bought photos. On the Caribbean Princess this past fall they were selling both scrapbooks & the kit at heavily discounted prices, no purchase of photos required.

You might also try attending one of the Scrapbooking at Sea classes. I went to one on the Coral and they were running a special on the scrapbooks for those that attended the class.

Plan and go to the Scrapbooking class on board. They usually have the album for sale (as does the Photo Shop) but includes additional items. I have bought one that had Emerald Princess embossed in the linen like cover. The next album bought on the Caribbean just had Princess embossed on the cover. I like the special Princess stickers and layout suggestions, too.

Like many posters, I take a ton of pictures during my travels -- and I collect lots of souvenirs from on shore and on board ship. So it took me a while to figure out how to document the trip - I finally decided to do a photo album [i don't develop all my pix but do dump them all to a CD] and a scrapbook, although I had never done one before. The scrapbook contains all the souvenir type things (including the Patters] and a small selection of pictures for each day of the cruise. I did buy the Princess scrapbook [had to add a few pages] and scrapbooking kit and used a lot of the material in the kit in the scrapbook. Any materials not used for our last cruise will be used on the next one (and maybe the one after that ;)). I also purchased some scrapbooking souvenirs in each port (diecuts, etc) that I used in addition to the Princess kit. The scrapbook is a wonderful reminder of our trip to Alaska -- and I'm already planning a scrapbook for our June cruise to the Baltics. :D

Archived