YOTEL at LGW and LHR, Have you stayed there ?

I am sailing on the Pacific Princess to the HolyLand in September 2010 from VCE to ATH, and looking for Open Jaw Air. B.A. has good pricing now; however, all flights to VCE are a little funky, and none direct. With a 19-hour connection in London, I am thinking of doing this YOTEL adventure. What do you think? Thanks for your help.

https://www.yotel.com/find_out.aspx?open=cabin_guide

Has anyone heard of this Yotel at both Heathrow and Gatwick? Have you stayed there or know anyone who has stayed there?

$41 to $65 USD for 4 hours in a cabin with toilet, shower, closet, TV, and room service. Each extra hour is $11 USD. I looked at the 360-degree photos and they are quite interesting. Take a look.

I just sent them an e-mail to enquire about the costs of room service food and drinks and movie prices. Probably would not use that - have my protein bars with me.

This guy made his fortune with Sushi restaurants in London and now has 35 of these raw-fish places around the world.

There is one other Yotel at Amsterdam airport and more costly. On the website, he solicits for real estate at other airports.

I may try it just for the adventure. Perhaps too small for 2 pax but probably quite adequate for one. What do you think?

I am a very good sleeper aboard aircraft on the return trip. However, outbound I am way too excited about my trip to sleep. I've tried drinking but that only seems to make me even more hyper.

;););););)

Has anyone heard of this Yotel at both Heathrow and Gatwick? Have you stayed there or know anyone who has stayed there?

$41 to $65 USD for 4 hours in a cabin with toilet, shower, closet, TV, and room service. Each extra hour is $11 USD. I looked at the 360-degree photos and they are quite interesting. Take a look.

;););););)

Since Yotel arrived, the full size hotels at both Gatwick and Heathrow have responded so Yotel no longer looks so great value.

The big advantage of Yotel is they are situated inside the South Terminal

at Gatwick and Terminal 4 at Heathrow. Although Terminal 4 can be tedious getting too if you are using one of the other terminals.

For about $70 you can get 8 hours in a 'proper' hotel day room like the Holiday Inn or Novotel and $50 the Comfort Inn at Heathrow.

People like Travelodge who have 2 hotels at Heathrow have lots of availability of overnight rooms for about $30 booked direct.

However the big hidden cost here is the hotel transfer bus that charges $6 per pesron each way although you can get to the Holiday inn free by public bus. The Yotels, you are not hit by this.

Similarly at Gatwick the Ibis and Premier Inn do day rooms for similar sums and simple B&B hotels like the White House you can get overnight rooms for 2 people with breakfast and free transfers for $50.

Archived