TA, Carnival website or PVP. Best booking option?

gjsmth

Looking to book Southern cruise in the next couple days but would like some opinions. Which booking way would give you the best opportunity for upgrade/up sell calls from Carnival. We've always used a TA but never received and upgrade calls. Thanks.

I'm a big believer in PVP's (the one I've used for 4+ years is the BEST), as I can get all my questions answered in a timely manner AND by anyone at the 1800CARNIVAL number if my PVP is away from his desk.

The website is totally unpredictable and I'm convinced is powered by a hamster in a wheel somwhere, and I don't trust it for ANYTHING, let alone anything having to do with money.

I used a TA once and it wasn't a great experience. I learned more on CC than she knew at all about cruising (she actually argued with me that the GALLEY was a HALLWAY). Won't go that route again.

As far as a shot at an upgrade, I'd say PVP is your best shot. You can have them note it on your booking (I don't know how or where you'd do that if you book online). I did get the call about 2 weeks prior to cruising last time, offering me an upgrade to balcony cabin for $100 pp.

Your going to find as many different answers and different reasons as there are people. For us we always have used the same PVP for several years and he always treats us very good, returns calls and follows through with any issues. I also like the fact that if the price goes down and we request a price difference or if I have any other problems I deal direct with Carnival, works well for us.

Any suggestions on a PVP? I inquired with one over a week ago but was not to impressed with her. How do you find the right one willing to go that extra mile with customer service.

give me your email and I will email you who we use.

I would NOT book direct on the website as the website doesn't necessarily display all available cabins in a Category. IMO you're better off calling PVP/TA (whichever) (with deckplan in front of you) who can (1) see all available cabins and help you get the best location and (2) maybe suggest a better Fare/Promo than you're aware of.

If you're booking Early Saver, you might be better off with booking via PVP, such that you can submit Price Adjustment Requests yourself, the minute you see a price drop (try to get a time-tagged ScreenPrint or Printout of any Price Drops).

ken

I think wherever you get the best service....(price, amenities, ...etc) I think you'll find that with a TA.....I myself shop around for the best price...then interview some TA's (my current one is da' bomb) and ask them to either match or beat the best price I've gotten...so far she's ahead in all departments!

Andy

Archived