Ncl service goes from bad to worse

nadure

I wonder why ncl is cheaper than royal

is like a ford vs lexus

U get what u pay for :D

Bad analogy, at least Ford didn't get recalled for a sticking gas pedal.

Your half right. Lexus wasn’t in the recall either.

I just have returned from a cruise (9 Day Canary Islands and Morocco) on Norwegian JADE. The service seems to be going from bad to worse. Now there is no welcome drink which had already replaced the Captain's cocktailduring the cruise. There are no more chocolates on the bedin the evening. Ice is also no longer provided in the Staterooms and the coffee-makers have also been removed.We cannot make coffee or tea. The staff has also been reduced. Following an eventual gastro virus alarm on the previous cruise, a strict disinfectant policy was in force during our cruise. I am of course in favour of disinfectant measures, but in the Garden Café, it was no longer self-service. One had to wait to be served and one also wondered if instructions had been given to try and reduce the portions!

Conclusion : Service level is low cost without low-cost prices.NCL has cut down in several areas. NCL is to be avoided.

You are certainly entitled to you opinion as to whether or not you like NCL, get good value for your dollar, and whether or not you sail them again. However, I think that you have mislabeled this thread.

The things that you are talking about are amenities that NCL used to offer, not service. You reallly don't mention anything about the service you recieved from the staff on board. You're complaint seems to be with the things that NCL cut back on offering you, not the service that your waiter, room steward and the rest of the staff offered you.

I also think it's totally unfair for you to judge NCL in the area of being served in the buffet due to a Noro outbreak. Everyone will agree that when that happens it's an inconvenience and difficult to deal with. Not only for guests but for the staff. They are trying to protect your heath when they impose these restrictions, not ruin your trip. Personally, I applaud NCL for all they attempt to do to restrict this nasty virus when it breaks out on board. If the portions were small, you could tell the staff to put more on the plate or go back for more could you not?

CG

I just have returned from a cruise (9 Day Canary Islands and Morocco) on Norwegian JADE. The service seems to be going from bad to worse. Now there is no welcome drink which had already replaced the Captain's cocktailduring the cruise. There are no more chocolates on the bedin the evening. Ice is also no longer provided in the Staterooms and the coffee-makers have also been removed.We cannot make coffee or tea. The staff has also been reduced. Following an eventual gastro virus alarm on the previous cruise, a strict disinfectant policy was in force during our cruise. I am of course in favour of disinfectant measures, but in the Garden Café, it was no longer self-service. One had to wait to be served and one also wondered if instructions had been given to try and reduce the portions!

Conclusion : Service level is low cost without low-cost prices.NCL has cut down in several areas. NCL is to be avoided.

We just got off the Dawn and we thought it improved from a year ago on the Spirit. We did get a free welcome drink. We got ice daily in our room. We had a coffee maker too!! The staff was excellant. Top notch! The only thing missing was the tiny chocolate and I rarely if ever eat that. After getting off the Dawn, I was pleased!:D

oh, come on, All is a generalization for heavens sake. Of course it isn't to be taken literally. The OP is a new poster and decided to bitch about a few minor changes..Yes, I am defending the cruise line and being a little sarcastic, don't take things so seriouslly...

Are you saying a new poster is not allowed to have their opinion about their personal experience on their cruise? Because you do not agree why are you accusing them of 'bitching ' ?

Are you saying a new poster is not allowed to have their opinion about their personal experience on their cruise? Because you do not agree why are you accusing them of 'bitching ' ?

Once again, go back and read the context on the interchange before sticking your nose in.

Please, try keeping up with the conversations.

PE

Possibly the funniest post ever! :D

Well done.

Everyone stand back & watch her go!

thanks halos!

I'm thinking they're more like a Hummer.....looked like a good idea until reality sets in and you realized that it was a gargantuan mistake.

Dumb question. Are all room service items (food, coffee, etc) still free except for tip?

Saddleman: That isn't a dumb question at all. Room service is free other than a tip if you so choose to give one. :)

Slight correction, I believe there are some items (like 'shrimp party platters') on the RS menu that room service will deliver for a charge. And I think the charge is clearly shown on the menu... I'm not positive though as I've never ordered that kind of stuff.

But the basic sandwich/coffee/some desserts, are free as halos said :D

Slight correction, I believe there are some items (like 'shrimp party platters') on the RS menu that room service will deliver for a charge. And I think the charge is clearly shown on the menu... I'm not positive though as I've never ordered that kind of stuff.

But the basic sandwich/coffee/some desserts, are free as halos said :D

OOOops!!

Thank you for catching my mistake!!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
As for the virus issue I would think that was a good idea to be served and not handle the serving utensils. Any positives about the cruise?

The highlight for us was the Canaries and Malaga (Granada/AlHambra) We thoroughly enjoyed Las Palmas and Funchal. The entertainment was good and the cruise directors staff was excellent.

Extreme measures were required to control the Norovirus and reduce (contain) the outbreak. Perhaps inconvenient to some people. If I requested an extra serving from the buffet, the staff was always friendly and complied. However, it was obvious they were overworked and quite exhausted from the extra measures.

January 2009 I did the 12 day Eastern Mediterranean and found it a much more interesting itonerary, although I had already been to Rome & Athens, the other ports were new to me. I could have spent an entire day at the museum in Cairo and Malta was lovely.

The highlight for us was the Canaries and Malaga (Granada/AlHambra) We thoroughly enjoyed Las Palmas and Funchal.

We were on the same cruise, and absolutely loved Las Palmas and Funchal as well, but if you have not yet read anywhere, Funchal is suffering greatly from mudslides today after torrential rains yesterday. We are heartbroken, as it was one on the most beautiful and welcoming place to visit.

if you have not yet read anywhere, Funchal is suffering greatly from mudslides today after torrential rains yesterday. We are heartbroken, as it was one on the most beautiful and welcoming place to visit.

I have to agree. It's really a shame. Such a beautiful place.

Archived