Med. with a child advice?

We're on Splendor's Med. cruise 6/18 out of Barcelona, and travelling w/ a very mature 9 year old who has much previous cruise experience, but this will be the first to Europe, and of course nothing we've done previously could compare with the port intensity. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I took my daughter when she was nine. I bought her books about some of the different places and asked her to look through them and let me know what she would really like to see. I also bought a mini fan and a small squirt bottle along. She seemed to be bothered by the heat and I am so glad I brought these. She cooled off and had fun while seeing some of the ancient sites. Bring your video camera and tape your child at the different sites. Important that they say where they are and what they are doing. My daughter still looks forward to watching herself and the memories of where she was.

Have Fun!

Sparks

Thanks, sparkers, for the fan/bottle suggestion....how hot was it when you were there? Do you remember if the public transportation has air conditioning or not? I'm glad to hear your daughter has such wonderful memories....I, too, think this will be a fantastic opportunity for my son.

I do remember the buses being air conditioned. Just a note about the other reply with the water bottles. We bought the insulated bottle where they can be removed and have gel packs that can be frozen if you have a refrig. We then added mostly ice and water from the ship. This lasted the whole day. This was in addition to the small squirt bottle just for cooling with the fan. A visor/hat was essential. We were in Greece, Turkey, and Italy among others. The hottest in July were Athens and seeing the ruins in Italy. Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Archived