1st cruise..is October weather ok?

sj1720

Hello everyone my bf and I will be going on our first cruise on October 16th to the Eastern Caribbean. I no it's hurricane season and the chance of bad weather is always there but was this a really bad choice or will we be ok? Also, what are we lookin at for temps? We went to Punta Cana last October and the weather was amazing, hopin for the same on the cruise. For a first time cruiser with alot of questions this site is great and you all are very helpful. THANKS :)

Hello everyone my bf and I will be going on our first cruise on October 16th to the Eastern Caribbean. I no it's hurricane season and the chance of bad weather is always there but was this a really bad choice or will we be ok? Also, what are we lookin at for temps? We went to Punta Cana last October and the weather was amazing, hopin for the same on the cruise. For a first time cruiser with alot of questions this site is great and you all are very helpful. THANKS :)

The weather will still be in the high 70s to mid 90s but it is also the peak of hurricane season for the Caribbean. Make sure you have travel insurance. Most cruise ships can avoid the path of the hurricane but you may miss some ports. Have a great cruise!:)

Well...its a hit and miss during Hurricane Season. But we have had bad luck both times we sailed in hurricane season. Each cruise we had to miss one port (Grand Caymens each time).

But each trip that we went on were wonderful...the weather was great on the trips...and the ships were not rocky...so I didn't mind having an extra day at sea, we had just as much fun.

We always cruise in October, and we love it. You of coarse take your chances with missing ports, but who cares! You are on a cruise! That is the biggest down fall. The weather is wonderful! There are occasional rain burst, but it is wonderful! The temp is usually in the low to mid 80s. You will love it!

Although it is hurricane season, we usually cruise late October or early Nov. We have been lucky with most of the cruises and had some great weather. Hopefully that luck continues because I just book us on the Liberty on Oct. 30.... Have a great time!

We usually cruise that exact same week due to the fact that I am a teacher and we get a few days off for teacher convention that no one actually goes to. We have always have great weather. We did get rerouted once due to a hurricane, but we didn't care. At least on a cruise they can take you to a different spot if a hurricane is coming resorts just don't have that option. Oct always had great prices! Enjoy your trip.

October is a fine time to go cruising. You may have some weather out there, but we cruise to be on the ship, not especially for the ports. If weather happens, the ship will change routing to avoid storms.

Doc

Archived