Camp Carnival-what if they miss the 1st night?

4sunfun2

they honestly don't really do anything the first night. you sign them up and they get their capers which lists the activities/events for the week. there are usually no activities for them that evening. if you don't go sign them up im sure you can go back the following day and do so.

I've read that it's important to attend the first night. What exactly do they do and what if we miss it? It's Super Bowl Sunday when we sail and everyone wants to watch the game. Any experience with this? Thanks!

First night is just to become familiar with the staff and what activities are planned for the week. It really does get them more excited and gives them a better idea of what to look forward to than just reading it in the camp capers. Sign ups for various age groups also occurs, but they can sign up later.

Thanks for the replies! I've signed them up on-line...is this different than the sign-up they do the first night?

Nope. I did that in February and in September, 2009. Printed the paperwork, dropped the paperwork off at Camp Carnival on Embarkation Day when the Capers said it would be open for a tour, no problem. Next morning, first sea day, dropped child off with no problem.

GO COLTS!

WHO DAT!!!!

This is the first I have heard of signing them up on the computer.

How does this work?

My grandson wanted only to go to the session to color the tshirt. We signed him up right before and he only went to that class.

When you go on-line to fill out all of your registration stuff....there is a place to sign the kids up for Camp Carnival.

Check your Carnival Capers newsletter when you check into your cabin for the first time. It will have the time and place of the first meeting. I have seen that meeting being held after dinner of embarkation day and I have also seen that meeting being held the next day. However, signing up for Camp Carnival online beforehand sounds like it makes the most sense. If you do preregister for camp, you will still want to get a copy of Camp Carnival's schedule of activities for your particular age group.You can get the above referenced schedule at the meeting or at the clubhouse itself.

Archived