Just booked Sovereign.....Now I need help

I am looking to stay a couple of nights prior to my cruise in the Orlando area. I would like to find a hotel with shuttle service from the airport as well as shuttle service to and from the parks. Has anyone had any success doing this? If so any info you could share would be appreciated.

You can rent a vehicle at the Orlando Airport L&M has the cheapest rates than all the other's with all new vehicles. I have used them twice and very happy with them, am planning to use them again in June. Most hotels have shuttles to theme parks but you have to run with their schedules and not you own. The cruise lines have bus service available at a rate of about $38.00 per person on the day of sailing from the airport or from selected hotels that they can book for you.

I worked for Disney for 8 years and the shuttle service that is recommended by them is Mears 407-423-3333. You can make reservations with them and they work around your schedule. They do charge a price per person each way, so the cost will add up, but there are not really very many transportation services around here.

You can take Royal Caribbean's transportation from the Orlando airport. I don't know the cost, but they do have it because we looked into it for our honeymoon cruise from Tampa to Miami.

Good luck!

If you are planning to visit the Disney Parks, I believe they are now offering free transportation to and from the airport( and all Disney property, parks, etc) if you stay at one of their on-site hotels( the value resorts average $89- $129.00 nightly depending when you visit). I do not know if they require a min. number of nights, you might want to check out their web-site

Unless you are booking a Disney hotel with the complimentary transportation, it may be a much more cost effective option to book your hotel through priceline first and then worry about transportation.

Here is why:

1. Hotels can be deeply discounted--e.g. we just stayed at the Airport Marriott for $42/night through priceline when the AAA rate was $219.

2. That hotel had a free airport shuttle and a scheduled Disney shuttle could be arranged for a reasonable fee ($8?).

3. If you have several people in your party, rental cars are generally very inexpensive in Orlando and sure make getting around a lot easier than relying on shuttles. This gives you the flexibility to eat and shop off premises, for instance.

BP

Archived