RC Adventure Program

swissfamily

I just got off the phone with a rep from RC and he said that in Alaska that programs works differently. You can leave kids on board while you go on an excursion but that you have to arrange a babysitter from 12-2 during hte lunch hour when the club is closed. It contradicts what is on the website but this person checked with their boss. Does anyone have experience with this in Alaska? He made it sound like it was different there from other locations. I am not sure if kids want to get off the boat but I like to keep my options open.

I assume Princess has all-day port day care?

Thanks for any clarity you can provide.

So are you saying that AO shuts down on ports days in Alaska? Yeah that does go against every other itinerary. Usually, AO is open during port days and closed during lunch time on sea days.

Do what I do when I don't get the right answer, hang up and call back to get another rep. ;)

But seriously, you are going to need a copy of the compasses. I don't have any Alaska. But maybe you can ask on the Royal Caribbean main board here at Cruise Critic. Ask if anyone has copies of the Alaska itinerary compasses. It wouldn't really matter the time of the year, just that it was Alaska.

I sailed Radiance of the Seas this past August in Alaska. if memory serves, between 12 and 2, I had the option of signing ds4 up for the AO lunch. There was a charge for this, I believe $6/hour? I just let AO know in the a.m., they had a sign up sheet at checkin. He just stayed with the AO group instead of being picked up before noon. Pretty seamless. DS4 generally preferred to stay with AO, even if I were on the ship.

Archived