Nohoch Kay

salmonbuster

We were at Nohoch Kay last week. Our group had a great time. When you get off the shuttle bus to the town walk down the street towards the ocean and when you get to the boardwalk take a right. Nohoch Kay is pretty much the last place on the beach. The owner (Jaime) and staff were amazing, there was some confusion between our booking and Island Marketing. We were scheduled for the previous day when we were at sea and there was no way for us to be there. Jaime still honored our reservations and took care of our group. The girls were constantly bringing us drinks and making sure everything was ok. Our group had a little bit of everything for lunch. So all the food got good reviews. I personally had the fish tacos, shrimp tacos and nachos. They were better than good. The beach was not crowded at all, you could move freely and we weren't packed in. There was another "private" part of the beach just down from us and it looked packed, lounge chairs were on top of each other and it just didn't look fun at all.

We were at Nohoch Kay last week. Our group had a great time. When you get off the shuttle bus to the town walk down the street towards the ocean and when you get to the boardwalk take a right. Nohoch Kay is pretty much the last place on the beach. The owner (Jaime) and staff were amazing, there was some confusion between our booking and Island Marketing. We were scheduled for the previous day when we were at sea and there was no way for us to be there. Jaime still honored our reservations and took care of our group. The girls were constantly bringing us drinks and making sure everything was ok. Our group had a little bit of everything for lunch. So all the food got good reviews. I personally had the fish tacos, shrimp tacos and nachos. They were better than good. The beach was not crowded at all, you could move freely and we weren't packed in. There was another "private" part of the beach just down from us and it looked packed, lounge chairs were on top of each other and it just didn't look fun at all.

Thanks, we booked it also for March. I will post review when we return

Well, I was glad to see this post. We are also booked at Nohoch Kay and when I wanted to reserve the wave runners I saw on the Island Marketing website. They were offered with the beach break page and not the inclusive beach break page. From what I'm gathering, the BB without lunch is at Pez Q (spell?) and the all inclusive BB (with lunch) is at Nohoch Kay? So, I spent quite a bit of time this morning with the online chat thinking I'd rather be a PQ. She said the waverunners are located there but it is only a one acre beach separating them and we can go back and forth as planned. For some reason I was thinking there were paddle boats and things like that there but I guess not. Hoping kids (teens) will have a good time as I hear it's very shallow and not really swimming beach? Can anyone else weigh in?

• 1 year later...

Nohoch Kay was the highlight of our cruise. Jaime and staff were terrific. Attached is a photo of the entire staff. All were very hospitable from Jaime, Brenda, Tracy, Nick, Andres and Jeff. Great folks and got a hug from everyone as we left.

photo.php?fbid=251279004911274&set=a.169026636469845.33247.169024466470062&type=1&theater

Does Nocouch Kay have thier own website with information and rates ?? I have seen mentions of Island Marketing and other threads indicating possible issues with IM. Cant find a NK website.

We are scheduled to be there in February and this looks like it is made to order for what we would like for the day.

Does Nocouch Kay have thier own website with information and rates ?? I have seen mentions of Island Marketing and other threads indicating possible issues with IM. Cant find a NK website.

We are scheduled to be there in February and this looks like it is made to order for what we would like for the day.

They don't have their own website. They do have a Facebook page, but they don't take bookings directly in any case. All of their bookings are handled through Island Marketing. I saw the thread yesterday someone posted about having problems, and it sounds nothing like any dealing with them I've ever read about, and nothing like my own dealings with them. It also looks like the thread was pulled since yesterday (I had posted on it and it's gone).

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Nohoch Kay, and it was better than I could have imagined .. Jamie and family were terrific hosts.. spent most of the day eating and drinking, and the whole tab for 4 of us was only $47.. what a beautiful place they have..

• 2 weeks later...
Just back from Nohoch Kay, and it was better than I could have imagined .. Jamie and family were terrific hosts.. spent most of the day eating and drinking, and the whole tab for 4 of us was only $47.. what a beautiful place they have..

$47 ???? How did you get this price? Did you just show up or book it through Marketing? We'll be there for the first time in Jan 2012.

Well, I was glad to see this post. We are also booked at Nohoch Kay and when I wanted to reserve the wave runners I saw on the Island Marketing website. They were offered with the beach break page and not the inclusive beach break page. From what I'm gathering, the BB without lunch is at Pez Q (spell?) and the all inclusive BB (with lunch) is at Nohoch Kay? So, I spent quite a bit of time this morning with the online chat thinking I'd rather be a PQ. She said the waverunners are located there but it is only a one acre beach separating them and we can go back and forth as planned. For some reason I was thinking there were paddle boats and things like that there but I guess not. Hoping kids (teens) will have a good time as I hear it's very shallow and not really swimming beach? Can anyone else weigh in?

My confirmation for Nohoch Kay says the waverunners are right there at Nohoch Kay.

• 2 months later...

We didn't realize you needed to make reservations until right before we left, so they were full. We showed up anyway, and just laid on the beach with our towels, and just bought the food and drinks...way less expensive that way, because their stuff is cheap. Fish and/or shrimp taco's are only $2. They have free WiFi, and we had a massage on the beach. It was the best massage I have ever received on one of my cruises. I believe I paid $25 for 30 minutes. She had to be certified/licensed...

Didn't seem like there was much for the little ones to do.

We are booked for Dec and really looking forward to it!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I've been going back and forth about both of these beaches for days. They both seem wonderful. I emailed Island Adventures with this question, but they didn't answer my question: Is the Island Adventures All-Inclusive Beach Break food ONLY lunch or does it include snacks too?

I'm going to be there in 24 days and need to make up my mind FAST! Please help me!!!!! :)

Archived