Where does Dawn Princess sail from in Sydney

margrey

After booking our accomodation for our may cruise i just realised i do not know where Dawn Princess will leave from Wharf 8 or OPT, hopefully it is Wharf 8 as i have booked in Darling Harbour!!!!!

Cheers Marg

Have a look at www.Sydney.ports.com.au and check the date of your cruise..it sometimes uses the OPT (overseas passenger terminal)..dont stress either way just catch a ferry (or a water taxi) around to the quay.

Leaving from the OPT is a magic experience but so is going under the bridge.:)

Yeah its a 50/50 choice as to which is the better option, i have to say if i had the choice, i would go for Wharf 8 again, sailing under the bridge is a true experience (especially as its so close to touching it):)

I have done both and love leaving from Wharf 8 there is nothing like going under the bridge, but i still cannot find if Dawn Princess is leaving from there can anyone help!

Does it not say in your cruise personaliser? Failing that, just ring Princess i suppose...:)

The given link is essentially blind, try this one http://shipschedule.sydneyports.com.au/marineoperations/movements.asp

No, that one's no good - it only gives upcoming scheduled movements. This link http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/11925/Passenger_Vessel_Schedule_-_20_January_2010.pdf gives the schedule for the next 10 years!!

According to this schedule Dawn Princess is scheduled to use Darling Harbour 8 on 8th May 2010, returning to Darling Harbour 8 on 21 May 2010.

Sydney ports is the right site just click on cruise it is showing the Sun Princess on the 5th Feb? Leaving from Wharf 8, if 5th Feb is your cruise they might have made a typo.

Sorry, the Sydney ports site is fine, my mistake, but remove the "dot" between Sydney & ports, its a typo ;)

We left from Wharf 8 in Darling Harbor on our cruise this past November on the Sun Princess. We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton and it was only like not even 5 minutes by taxi to the terminal. We got there early and they let us check in early. Very efficient check in. Very impressed.

Cruising under the bridge was an awesome experience. Probably the best port to leave from for us ever and we are from the US.

Either Darling Harbor or the other terminal is not that far away.

Archived