CARNIVAL CONQUEST 1/31/2010 Day by Day

robtx100

How early did you have to go to the Shore Excursion Desk to get a spot on the Behind the Fun Tour? We'd like to do this on our cruise in March, and I'm wondering if it should be one of the first things we take care of. Thanks!

We went to the excursion desk at 1:30 when it opened. I think we must have been the first to book. They still advertised it the next day in capers, so I don't think it sold out the first day. It was a blast and we went everywhere on the ship except Deck C.

No worries. I had planned to log in every day and post while on the cruise, but it didn't work out that way.

Thank you for your understanding concerning my fumble! I really enjoyed your day by day review and have posted one of my own on our 5 day cruise on Ecstasy.

I can relate so well with you as far as ...rug rats and impolite rednecks! Both are embarrassing for us as host cities for Conquest and Ecstasy, especially.

A couple of girlfriends and I are booked on Conquest, May 2. I have sailed her once before but now, will be looking for the shows you enjoyed, the piano bar and the behind the fun tour which I hope to be able to book soon, prior to boarding.

Again, thanks for all the great tips!

Morgue?!?! :eek:

Yes, can you believe it? It has two cold beds. No one was in it thankfully. And the brig is right next to it and it has a little window in the door and padded walls and a straight jacket if needed. Terra told us they rarely use it and try to confine the person to their stateroom with security posted outside in the hall.

The tour is so interesting. I found out that the ship doesn't use diesel for propulsion. It uses steam to turn the turbines which makes the propellars turn. Diesel is used for the generators to produce electricity. And that the ship could outrun most pirate attacks and if not, they have the fire hoses that are so strong that it would blow them out of the water and fend off any kind of attack.

We went to the excursion desk at 1:30 when it opened. I think we must have been the first to book. They still advertised it the next day in capers, so I don't think it sold out the first day. It was a blast and we went everywhere on the ship except Deck C.

Thanks! It sounds like we'll have time to eat before I get us signed up, if the excursion desk doesn't open until 1:30.

Glad you had a great trip!

Morgue?!?! :eek:

Yes believe it. Last year when we were on the conquest eating lunch at SurMer, we heard code blue on the loudspeaker. A few mins later we see security running. We didn't hear anything else about it. When we docked back in Galveston, before they let any passengers unload, we saw them unloading a casket. We later found out that it was a very old guy who passed a peacefully in his sleep. It was a HUGE group having a family reunion.

What kinds of things do they talk about during this talk?

The one I went to he spoke about the new Europe/Med cruises offered next year on the Magic. He did one prior to this one about how to save money when booking.

I also forgot to mention that when we toured the laundry facility, they explained that they only keep the linens for 60 washes, then switch out to new. After that, the good ones are donated (she said right now they are donating the huge stack we saw to Haiti), and the bad ones are made into cleaning cloths for the cleaning crew you see around the ship.

Glad you liked the pics.

[quote name='robtx100']If it's the Western Route, it will be Monday night and Thursday night. I'm not sure of the Easter Route.[/QUOTE]

thanks we are doing the Western. Friday is our Anniversary so that will work out great for the Steakhouse.

I added the Bridge Tour Document and Photo with the Captain to the webshot photos. Also, there is the recipe for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. Additions start on page 7.

[url]http://travel.webshots.com/album/576663017zLecrm[/url]

I enjoyed your review and pictures...thanks for sharing. It's been a few years since we were on the Conquest and it was the last ship we were on that had a great piano bar. The Glory was ok a couple of years later, but the Conquest was our favorite.

Maybe we'll luck up again on the Dream this year.

The behind the scenes tour is for sure on my to do list :D

Thanks for sharing.

[quote name='poptart']I enjoyed your review and pictures...thanks for sharing. It's been a few years since we were on the Conquest and it was the last ship we were on that had a great piano bar. The Glory was ok a couple of years later, but the Conquest was our favorite.

Maybe we'll luck up again on the Dream this year.

The behind the scenes tour is for sure on my to do list :D

Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you enjoyed. I hope you all have a great time on the Dream.

Archived