Is there snorkeling opportunities off the beach at Cay Caulker?

CaribbeanCrazy

I'm not crazy about organized tours whether from the ship or a private co. DH and I would like to do some snorkeling while in Belize.

My question is if we were to take the water taxi to Caye Caulker...would we be able to do some decent snorkeling off the beach there?

We are both intermediate snorkelers...but honestly I really don't enjoy snorkeling in rough water. Or water where there is a strong current present. Would Caye Caulker be a good spot for some calm snorkeling from shore? If not....I would like to hear reccomedations of how we could do snorkeling on our own...and which Caye would be the best for us. My requirements other than calm water is of course a spot with a decent amount of fish.

Like others I am really confused about how to spend our time in Belize. There seems to be alot of conflicting reviews on many levels.

I really hate to spend 70.00 or 80.00 to go snorkeling...and then end up having a bad day like so many others have had. It really seems to be hit and miss.

That is why I really would like to try and do this on our own...as cheap as possible...this way if things don't turn out as expected...we haven't spent a fortune to be dissappointed. Believe me I have been let down on many tours in the past...this is why DH and I like to do our own thing.

Please Help! We are leaving in less than 3 weeks.

BTW...we plan on bringing our own snorkeling equipment.

CaribbeanCrazy

I would also like to know more on this subject.

I know I read where you can get wet and there's a smal area to swim but can't remember reading about snorkeling from the island.

Anyone know?

Archived