Renewing Vows Western Carribean

In2why

Hello everyone I am enjoying your excitement and all of the pictures.

We are going on Carnival Legend in December for our 20th anniversary and since we did a simple civil service when we got married, we want to renew our vows. The ship looks like it does a fine job, but I don't like that we have to wait to set it up while on the ship, and I also don't like that it can be anytime the Captain is available and any place they choose. So instead I am looking at the different ports and trying to plan something while in port. So far I have eliminated Belize...and I am leaning towards Roatan because of its unspoiled beauty and cliffs. I wrote to Victor Boden who handles all types of tours to see if there is anything he knows about a place to renew our vows and he is wonderful. I was shocked at how quickly he wrote back and he suggested Parrot tree as a remote location and I am waiting for more info. We are also looking at Cozumel....Nachi CoCom. It looks like a wonderful beach. Basically in my imaginings I see my wonderful DH and I on a beach with local flowers, local music and a "minister", "narrarator" or "spokesperson" introducing us....letting us say our written vows before our family...pronouncing us joined forever and then us running into the water and enjoying the rest of the day with our family. Nothing formal, just relaxed and romantic. I love the pics I have seen of the brides here in their wedding dresses while in the surf.

I look forward to hearing more from the rest of you and just wanted to introduce myself

Stacy

Stacy..

We are doing the same itinerary in March and I am working on a vow renewal ceremony as well. My husband and I have been married 18 years and thought that this would be the perfect time to do it. My kids will be with us as well as my parents. I always had dreamed of a beach wedding so I thought why not a vow renewal. LOL Im leaning towards the West Bay Beach on Roatan. I have been there and it is SO PRETTY!. I have been in contact with Cinthia with Roatan Cab Tours ( I have used her in the past and they did a GREAT job). She emailed me this last week with a resort on the beach (havent heard which one yet.??) set up, arch and flowers for $150. I didnt think that was too bad. I will let you know how it goes. We said on the Triumph 3/13!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am new to the message boards:) I hope your 3/13 cruise/vow renewal was all you hoped for. My husband and I are planning on doing the same thing in June when we travel to the Western Carribean ports. I would love any advice you could offer. I am in the very early planning process. Looks like Carnival only offers shore 'weddings' and for like $1600+. It will just be myself, my husband and our children, so we really just want something on the beach and very simple. Hoping to not pay that much!! Ha

~Tracy

Carnival's vow renewals are not that expensive but they are done on the ship by the captain.They don't have any packages on land. I don't know who told you that you had to wait to book it until you were on the ship, but they are booked in advance. There have been alot of people who were planning vow renewals on this board and they usually found out where and when it would be before they left on their cruise. I think you were looking at the wedding packages. I think your best bet is to contact a local wedding planner on the island you want and ask them for a vow renewal package. I am sure it will be less than 500 dollars. Good luck in your planning!:)

MalibuBarbie

Hi and best wishes for both vow renewals! We just had our vow renewal this last November in St. Thomas and it went perfectly! We also just got back earlier this month from Nachi Cocom and it was a beautiful very quiet little spot. We have been to Roatan before but we did an island tour and then went to a beach but sadly we were not impressed. Maybe we just weren't taken to the right beach. Anyway, good luck!

OMG.. I wanted to let you all know that our vow renewal were AMAZING! :D We decided about 3 weeks before we left to do them in Roatan on the beach. I contacted the tour gal that we have used in the past (Cinthia with Roatan Culture tours.. she is awesome!!! and I highly recommend her) She picked us all up at pier and took us to a resort called Parrot Tree Plantation. It was SOOOO beautiful and it was like we were the only ones there!!

[ATTACH]150915[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150916[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150917[/ATTACH]

Once we arrived to the Parrot Tree, Cinthia surprised my husband and I with a two tiered wedding cake that she and her sister made for us. (and it was so good!!!!)

[ATTACH]150919[/ATTACH]

They had set up a section on the beach for our ceremony with chairs draped in white cloth, a beautiful arch and a table for the photo frame that we were using for the sand ceremony. They also did flower bouquets for myself, my DD and my mom.. and boutonnieres for my husband, son, my dad and our friend that was preforming the ceremony for us.

[ATTACH]150920[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150921[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150922[/ATTACH]

They also gave us a condo (beach front) for the day for us to change and put all of our stuff in.

It was the MOST amazing day ever!!! I would highly recommend doing this for anyone that is looking at doing a renewal or a wedding!! It is a BEAUTIFUL resort!! .. and in my opinion at a GREAT price!!!

[ATTACH]150929[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150931[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150928[/ATTACH]

After we did the ceremony.. Cinthia and Shelly split our group up (we had 36 people) and took the ones that wanted to do the Iguana Farm there and then the rest of us went to Zip Line and then we all met back up at the West Bay Beach.

I have to say MANY MANY thanks to Cinthia Hynds and her sister Shelly with Roatan Culture Tours.. They were the BEST!!!!! <3 and I would HIGHLY recommend them!!!!

[ATTACH]150927[/ATTACH]

If you have any questions for me... feel free to ask!!

Congrats on renewing your vows! We are planning our 20th vow renewal in September on board the Carnival Freedom but you've given me the idea to look at a shore ceremony. Only problem is that we are sailing during hurricane season and am not sure if I want to take the chance that our port of choice is cancelled due to weather. We are sailing Eastern Caribbean.

Can't wait to see your pics!

• 3 months later...
OMG.. I wanted to let you all know that our vow renewal were AMAZING! :D We decided about 3 weeks before we left to do them in Roatan on the beach. I contacted the tour gal that we have used in the past (Cinthia with Roatan Culture tours.. she is awesome!!! and I highly recommend her) She picked us all up at pier and took us to a resort called Parrot Tree Plantation. It was SOOOO beautiful and it was like we were the only ones there!!

[ATTACH]150915[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150916[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150917[/ATTACH]

Once we arrived to the Parrot Tree, Cinthia surprised my husband and I with a two tiered wedding cake that she and her sister made for us. (and it was so good!!!!)

[ATTACH]150919[/ATTACH]

They had set up a section on the beach for our ceremony with chairs draped in white cloth, a beautiful arch and a table for the photo frame that we were using for the sand ceremony. They also did flower bouquets for myself, my DD and my mom.. and boutonnieres for my husband, son, my dad and our friend that was preforming the ceremony for us.

[ATTACH]150920[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150921[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150922[/ATTACH]

They also gave us a condo (beach front) for the day for us to change and put all of our stuff in.

It was the MOST amazing day ever!!! I would highly recommend doing this for anyone that is looking at doing a renewal or a wedding!! It is a BEAUTIFUL resort!! .. and in my opinion at a GREAT price!!!

[ATTACH]150929[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150931[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]150928[/ATTACH]

After we did the ceremony.. Cinthia and Shelly split our group up (we had 36 people) and took the ones that wanted to do the Iguana Farm there and then the rest of us went to Zip Line and then we all met back up at the West Bay Beach.

I have to say MANY MANY thanks to Cinthia Hynds and her sister Shelly with Roatan Culture Tours.. They were the BEST!!!!! <3 and I would HIGHLY recommend them!!!!

[ATTACH]150927[/ATTACH]

If you have any questions for me... feel free to ask!!

Hi

Thanks so much for the review of your vow renewal. My DH and I are planning to do this exact thing in Roatan on our 15th Anniversary on Sept 16th. Do you think you could e-mail me a pic or two of the area where you had your ceremony? You attachments didn't work. Also can you give me an idea of what it cost. We are just in the early stages of reseach and want to have an idea. We will contact Cinthia and see what she can do. It will only be my husband and myself though. No guests. We want a very simple area, on the beach and then a quiet afternoon at a resort or somewhere we can snorkle.

Any info you can give me would be very helpful.

My email is doodlelover @ sympatico.ca (just remove the spaces)

Thanks so much

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings Cherilyn,

Here was we can offer for the ceremony:

* decorated arch with real flowers

* bouquet for the bride

* flower pendant for the groom and pastor

* access to all facilities and somewhere to change

* chairs

for $200.00

Then additional for the tour (complete island tour) with an english speaking guide completely private just for the group with lunch after the ceremony for $40.00 per person.

We also offer to get a cake for the ceremony or anything additional that you would like to add. If you have any questions please feel free to write back. Have a wonderful day!

DANIELLIE AND CINTHIA

ROATAN CULTURE TOURS

Archived